Is your protein powder drink getting boring?

Options
DeeDeeLHF
DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
Sometimes the mere thought of drinking another protein powder drink makes me want to gag! I get so tired of the same old thing. I have tried several different brands and found the ones I like but even with that I still just get bored. I usually buy a large bag because it is cheaper but then you are looking at a month or two of the same thing. Yes, I do rotate between two flavors...but still...

Then I had the idea of adding a flavored coffee creamer and VIOLA!:heart: I can mix and match flavors every day now! The extra calories are negligible although I do add them. I know that coffee creamer isn't "good" for you but I do appreciate being able to mix up the taste a couple times per week.

I am sure many of you have already been doing this but I wanted to share.

PS...if you are using powdered creamer it mixes better if you stir it into the protein powder before adding the water.

D:drinker:

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Interesting! thanks!
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    That's an absolutely fantastic idea! What's another 35 calories? I've just started my protein drinking this week so I haven't gotten bored yet but it's definitely an idea I should consider for the future!
  • imma_rosta
    imma_rosta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do you think we can add it to coffee?? That would be convenient.
  • max4pups
    max4pups Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I keep frozen fruit in the freezer to add to them...calories aren't huge and definitely good for you...1/2 cup sure makes for a new shake every day :)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just made my first protein shake this morning. I didn't use water though. I used Almond Breeze Vanilla and added a cup of fresh strawberries and one pack of Stevia. I used Dymatize Elite Gourmet Vanilla from GNC. It was really good and not chalky at all. I could have chosen other flavors, but I thought the vanilla would be more versatile. I can add berries to it or other fruits. I got some light orange juice too to make an orange julius with it.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I too, use vanilla and add fruit but some days I just do not have time to pull out a blender.

My favorite is mixing chocolate with hazelnut creamer although the vanilla caramel is delicious, too.

As for putting it in coffee...I am so sure that you can! I am not a coffee drinker myself so I have never tried it but I don't see why not.

D
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I mix my vanilla whey powder with 1/2 cup of milk and frozen strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana and it comes out so thick, i eat it with a spoon as a dessert. It is so good!