Totally new here

Options
Hi, I'm not even sure how to start this introduction.... I've been telling myself I was going to lose weight for years now. I make plenty of attempts, but I'm one of those people that has a hard time sticking with anything for longer than 2-3 weeks. I'm horrible at food journals. I hated writing down everything I ate, trying to calculate calories, not knowing where to go or how to stay on a path to get there. I have digestive issues that prevent me from eating salads and other healthy foods I love and that are good for weight loss, and that has always been discouraging. I have lots and lots of excuses for everything, but even I have grown tired of hearing them. :)

The other day a co-worker of mine told me his story of how he made a lifestyle change in order to lower his cholesterol, and in the process he's lost over 35lbs. He told me what he's doing and though I'm a female, the science and logic of it made sense to me (this was a doctor recommended plan). He told me he uses an app on his phone to track protein and calories, and I found this site! Turns out it's the same one he's using!

So, I started a couple of days ago using MFP on my phone to track foods, scan barcordes, and otherwise get started on this life change. Today is day 3 and I've already lost nearly 3lbs! Crazy!!!! Until now any other dieting/exercise I've done has resulted in less lbs than that after over a month's worth of work! Plus, this app makes it soooo easy to track my food, I can actually say I'm almost enjoying it. I never thought that would be me!!

I have a long way to go to get to my goal weight since I have like 65lbs to lose, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, right? Well, here I go.....

Replies

• brasslady1
    brasslady1 Posts: 113
    Options
    Good Luck to ya..........You will definetly enjoy this site......When you have time be sure and read all the different suggestions the members have and how they do it.......all their problems and some even will make yours seem small.......
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I've been here since June 22 & I love it. If you need motivation/friends, add me:)
  • evolvingbrandy
    evolvingbrandy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love you already myfitnesspal. Kiss me!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hello,
    welcome and good luck, I can assure you that alot of us here,
    can relate to your story big time. This is a journey, but one certainly worth taking!

I began losing weight before finding MFP, but it's so much easier and more fun
    now that I am here. I have lost a total of 19 lbs since June 6th (with weigh in tomorrow)

You will find amazing people that are so supportive here, please feel free to add me :smile:
  • BethMotley
    BethMotley Posts: 20
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welome, you've come to the right place.

610118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • soguesswhat
    soguesswhat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I can already tell it's a great place to be. And MFP has already motivated me to work off the extra calories I just ate at dinner. I would never have done it without this amazing tool!!

Can someone tell me what having "friends" on here does? What is different about being a friend or not? Looking for someone that can explain that for me.

Thanks again~