P90X vs Insanity

Options
Which should I do? P90X or INSANITY? or neither?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    What are you goals, building lean muscle or losing fat? P90X us great for lean muscle and Insanity is great for fat loss.
  • shevyface
    shevyface Posts: 46
    Options
    I've only done Insanity. It's great for fat loss, since it's strenuous cardio, and in the first week I lost almost 3 lbs. It's really hard and you will sweat like never before! I'm saving P90X for after I've lost more weight, so I can define my shape.
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yikes! What is this Insanity everyone is talking about? I have done P90X and got results...I just did the ab part and this was at work for about 30 minutes on our lunch break. I liked it but it was really challenging. I like having other people to do it with because we could all moan and groan together :laugh: I liked it.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I agree it depends on what you want. P90X is a lot of weights and some cardio. Insanity is a lot of cardio and some strenght moves (but no weights)
    I have done both and am currently doing a hybrid of the two programs which I love since I get both and more variety than doing one program.
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I prefer Insanity since I am more into cardio than weight training and muscle building. Plus I am more concerned with weight loss right now than building up muscle.

Just finishing first week of month one again. If you have any questions about the program let me know.