Im maintaining my weight?

Options
I have meet my goal on 04-15-11 and have been maintaining it since. Ive actually lost more then I expected. I was wondering if anyone else goes through this.....When you are in maintaince mood its hard to put your actually weight in here so I decided since I go from 139-144 im going to leave it at 140. Looks like im losing but actually im not ive been changing it when I have a gain but its always within my 5 pound range.. This morning I was 139.4 but I put in 140. Is anyone else going throught this too and what do you do?

Thanks,

Susie

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im maintaining too. It tends to fluctuate by a pound or two here and there, but always rights itself, and usually seems to stay roughly the same. I just dont bother logging it here anymore. I would if there was a big change maybe
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking just didnt know how to log it or if I should... How long have you been in maintain mode? Im glad you hit your goal too.. I use this site for the calorie control and carbs it helps me alot to just stay in my range..
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Maintaining our goal weight once we reach that delightful point is the most difficult challenge we will all face after those fat pounds are gone. I'm living proof that when a person returns to the old lifestyle, even if only on occasion, the fat pounds are guaranteed to pile back on, little by little. Then, one day you realize you're right back where you started. Been there~~done that...far too many times for 55 years. This MFP program is such a blessing because I know that I can keep accurately weighing, measuring, leveling off excess quantities & recording it all in the food diary here, free of charge, for the rest of my life. If I don't keep doing that, I know that I'll be right back at square one with the fat pounds returned plus more on top of them and~~~I'm not going to do that again. Game over! My Fitness Pal has saved my life and I consider using it a real treasure. Thanks for sharing. I "hear" your struggles and feel your pain. You WILL succeed because you're facing the reality of the maintenance challenge straight on. :)
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I just hit my goal last Wednesday and finally set my profile to maintenance last night. I still have a few toning areas to work on and if the numbers lower, I'll log them, but not otherwise. My weight goes up and down by a couple pounds just existing, so unless there's some drastic change, I'm going to leave it alone.
    Blessings from a fellow Suzi
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    :love: You know I feel the sameway. Its hard to lose weight but harder to keep it off.. The toning is killing me. Trying to get everything in the right place is more less impossible. Im not giving up though. Im 44 and I wish I had done this yrs ago. I use to take diet pills water pills and always gain it back plus more. I even went to Quick Weight Loss Center and was 176 went to 146 in 2000. I never exercised to keep the weight off or counted calories so it went right back on and within 2 yrs I was back to 176. So this time is way different. If it wasnt for this site I would be FAT.. Now im skinny.. What? Skinny.. Sounds funny or even crazy to write or hear it.. I love my life and exercise too.. this site is a blessing and Im so glad im here.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i found it hard to maintain at first, and it fluctuated more in the beginning, so what i did was just stopped logging, but being careful with what i ate, and i exercise a fair amount. I listen to my appetite, and on days im more hungry, i will eat more, whether ive exercised or not, and on other days if im less hungry, ill eat less, but i wont worry about eating extra because ive exercised or anything because i think it all evens itself out in the end.
    I think i probably eat between 1500 and 1800 cals a day. Maybe more sometimes, but i run usually 4 times a week, and its just stabilised itself now
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    *** BUMP ***
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining since 06/1/11. I gave myself the 110-113 range. I have yet to re-enter another number since putting in my number on 06/1 but my weight has only fluctuated a pound or 2. I would say maybe tighten up your range a little and then log if you go a pound either way on that.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    do you just mean that it's popping up in your feed that you have lost weight when you are really just going up and down within a range? i set my settings so that my weight loss doesn't show up in my feed and then i post it myself. because every other day it was saying i lost .2 lbs when really it was just fluctuation. :) i can't remember exactly where it is, but somewhere in settings. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!