Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus

Options
I just bought both of these with the balance board and was hoping anyone had any tips or reviews on it? I am hoping for a good help on losing some pounds or inches. I think it will be easier for me to do since I won't have to leave the house, I can do it while the kids sleep and when the weather is crummy I can still workout. Am I setting my goals too high though? A friend of mine did tell me that she never noticed any change in her weight. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I have had this for a few years and just recently started using the fit plus and I love it. I do most of the aerobics ones and then I throw in a couple of the other ones here and there.

And you're right you don't have to leave the house and you can do it whenever and in the comfort of your own home.

Have fun with it and let me know how you like it and what your favorites are!
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I love wii fit.
    I personally enjoy yoga to start off my workout, get some high intensity with boxing or running, & one of the fun & cute balance games to end it. I wish I had one up here, but when I went off to college it stayed at my parents house. Bummer.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I do all my weighs-in on The wii fit plus. Its good A+.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have Fit Plus and I really love it. Depending on what activities you do, it really is a nice burn. I like the rhythm boxing, the biking and the free run, and it has good strength exercises. The yoga is really nice too, but it's not a great calorie burn. I like that it's easy to create your own routine, or use the pre-made ones, or just select one activity at a time if you want. Depending on how old your kids are, they might even like to do it with you. Mine do. They'll run in place alongside me, or if I do the marching band they have a parade around the living room while I march on the board, or whatever. They even try to do the yoga with me, and I'll let them choose some activities so they have some say in what we're doing. I rarely burn as much when they pick the activities because they like the games, but that's why we take turns picking. :) Anyway, it's good if you use it. Any exercise is better than no exercise, right? It gets you up and moving, and it's fun, so it's all good, IMO.
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i have my wii fit plus set so i have a calorie goal to reach...i think right now its set to like 75 or 100...its whatever is right after the flan calories....yes they set the calorie equivilant to food...i still do other stuff besides the wii....to me the wii is just a fun thing...yes im burning calories i just dont feel like i get the burn i want...thats just me personally
  • beccafreak
    beccafreak Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I appreciate the reviews and tips so much! I tried it tonight and I am really excited about it. My husband even registered and is doing it with me! That I never expected! LoL. I really love the balance board and that it goes along with other games. I threw on Biggest Loser and was blown away at how awesome that one is too. I'm going to pick up Zumba now and give that a go too :) I need to get bike tires so I can begin riding my bike again but I'm trying to find really fun things to do as exercises because my motivation has flown out the window :(