Hi, I'm new :)

Hi :)
I'm new- just joined the site today. My biggest obstacle is feeling self conscious- no matter where I am in my journey. I close myself off and shy away from things.

I've heard about the encouraging and supportive atmosphere of this site's community- so I'm looking forward to being on here :)

cate

Replies

• CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Welcome to the site. I find that people open up more as they get more success so I'm sure you'll do well on here :) I don't talk much about my weight loss with people I know offline, but here I feel we can all open up as we have the same interest.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Welcome and good luck
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Welcome aboard!!!! You will find great support here!!! Good luck!!
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Welcome! Today is the beginning of a fresh start. Hope you have a wonderful day and know we are all in this together. The key to success is to register your food, exercise daily (I started with 5 min a day and now I am up to 30 min most days) and make adjustments as you go along. For instance, I thought eatting avocados was a healthy thing to do, until I saw the number of calories - now a slice or two now and again is fine - I just modify. The same is true with a milk shake, I thought a small one now and again was fine, until I saw the number of calories. Fast, easy tools will help you with your daily and weekly goals.
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • csoul27
    csoul27 Posts: 53
    Welcome. This is a great site. Lots of info and lots of support. Good luck to you!
  • Granny07
    Granny07 Posts: 31 Member
    Cate, Welcome to MFP, it is a great place to get ourselves under control. Good Luck!:happy:
  • thoya
    thoya Posts: 1
    Hi, good luck everyone
  • drelolif
    drelolif Posts: 4 Member
    Welcome and I wish you the best of luck.
  • Me too! Just joined today on the advice of my trainer! Let's be fitness/diet internet buddies.
  • Me too! Just joined today on the advice of my trainer! Let's be fitness/diet internet buddies.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Welcome!! I'm glad you are here and can't wait to motivate eachother in our healthy lifestyle! :)
  • Welcome and good luck!
  • jlhanks
    jlhanks Posts: 33
    So glad you're here Cate!! Hope I can be a good motivator as you get ready for your races...you're going to do awesome!! :)