I am new here and have a question about logging food

do you put your food in for the day before you actually eat it? I am thinking putting in my food as I prepare it in the morning and that way I know where I should end up before my day even starts. What are your thoughts on this? Am I setting myself up for failure?

Replies

• Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    I do this to a certain extent. It works for me because then I know what I have to work with in advance. For example, if I have higher calorie foods for breakfast and lunch, I know that I need to keep it lower for dinner...or my snacks. So I try to plan out as much as I can before I eat breakfast.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Why would that be setting yourself up for failure?

I do that sometimes, and then adjust as I actually eat, if it's other than planned. Its useful, but not always possible.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I do this on the days that I work. I have a hard time accessing this website from work sometimes, so I tend to log it all in the morning on my pc. Then I make sure I follow it at work. Helps keep me on track (I used to fall off the wagon at work ALL the time - I am much better about it now). There's no reason you'd be setting yourself up for failure.
  • I always put down what I plan to eat so that i can work out the amount of exercise i need to do!
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Especially during the work week I'll log my lunch and snacks in ahead of time when I log my breakfast. Sometimes I'll even do it the night before to plan my lunch. It works out well for me personally.
  • I am also new on here. =) I just log in my food shortly after consuming it. Sometimes, if you do it in advance, you might either change your mind and eat something different, or something comes up and you need to go out, I think it's easier to log it in after. Everyone is different though =) I also log certain meals with each ingredient separately, instead of as a whole meal, since people prepare them differently. (i.e Shepard's pie or any type of casserole dish).
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 153 Member
    I log all my food in the morning while I'm drinking my coffee..I know usually the night before what I am going to make for supper. If we are going to eat out that night I make sure I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast and lunch, and granola bars for my snacks so I don't go over in calories.
    I think logging early in the day is a good idea, but that is just my opinion. Good luck to you!