Realizations and tribulations

I'll admit it, I am obsessed with the scale. I get on there several times a day, just to see how certain things affect my weight. The only one I pay any attention to is my morning weigh-in, and even then I don't freak out about differences. Still, I like to know what the number is, otherwise it starts to creep back up. Well, this morning I went into the kitchen to weight myself, and the scale is not working right! It showed a 40 lb loss at first, then it showed that I weighed 1 lb. Neither one is close to right! It's probably just the battery, but I don't have any extras here and can't get out to get one today. So sad!!! (And yes, I'm fully aware that measurements are a great indicator of weight loss, but I don't check those daily!!!)

Also, last night I indulged in some not so healthy foods. I did this consciously, with no guilt, and only went over my calories by 46. I could have worked that off easily, but I slept instead. Anyway, my stomach bothered me all night from the crappy foods, and my face looked all bloated this morning. It's pretty gross that what I eat can make that big of a difference in my appearance, even one crappy meal on one day. I think that will probably have a big effect on my choices in the future though.

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    I used to be so obsessed with the scale. I completely forgot about it today until I read your post... But, I'm going to skip it today. I'm finding that I'm living more without the anxiety of the scale and can stop worrying about it. Heck, I may even wait for a week and see what results I have.
    As with all things, the scale is something that should be viewed as a tool, not an end-all .