Can't shake off this extra weight!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to the application for the iPhone, however, I just discovered this site. I feel like this is the reason why I haven't lost any weight yet- I haven't met people that I can take the journey with. I have been using the application tracking my eating habbits for about a month now and find myself one or two days just not logging in. I also don't seem to work out as much as a plan to. I am younger, going into my senior year of high school, and have always had a little extra on me.

Going into junior high, I became a vegetarian and lost 40 lbs. My lowest weight ever was 20lbs ago, and now I'd like to get that back. Junior year AP classes and activities stresses you out, trust me.

I am really friendly, if you want to add me go ahead! I guess I'm a little shy when it comes to dieting and losing weight (even though I'm a comedic improviser, trained with ComedySportz!) so I don't really want to seem creepy to others.

Thanks for reading, and hope to see everyone at their target weight!

-Shannon

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    request sent...if you dont mind me asking, why did you go Veg?
  • sparkleconverse21
    Options
    I get asked that a lot lol. I didn't automatically go vegetarian, but took it in steps. I LOVED chickens and hated eating them so that was the first step. Then I went fishing with my grandparents who chopped off the fish head in front of me- I went no meat except for beef. I stayed there for a while until I cut everything. I definatly made me feel less sluggish so I kept with it. Now, I just feel bad. It's been 6 years without meat and I'm living just fine haha.
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    Whenever I find a vegetarian on here I get really surprised for some reason!!! Lol well maybe because I don't know a bunch in general. I'm a vegetarian, too, but I was born into it.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    ive been thinking about it....just havent made the step yet....maybe im just tired of the same ol stuff
  • sparkleconverse21
    Options
    That's pretty damn cool. Then we can totally help each other out. Like, I know that I'm doing alright but I focus on carbs too much. I love being a vegetarian, even though all my friends like to joke about it. Sometimes it's pretty funny.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    so its ALL animal meat.....no turkey right?? Its not like I feel guilty, but I just think eating meat all the time just slows me down......I think more natural eating would be better and healthier.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've thought about going vegetarian too. I've considered it because of my love for animals but I also know that not eating meat would be really hard for me.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Shannon, I sent a request....it really does help having support on here.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I've thought about going vegetarian too. I've considered it because of my love for animals but I also know that not eating meat would be really hard for me.

Im from KY so yea....my dad use to hunt for our food when I was a child...I felt so guilty then cause I would watch it all then it was cooked....I love animals but Idk maybe im in between in my mind....
  • sparkleconverse21
    Options
    It's not that hard. Seriously. Take it in steps. Vegetarians set different rules. Personally, I don't eat anything with a face. That means fish too.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    thanks so much for the info