Blender recommendations?

Options
mycatas
mycatas Posts: 20
I killed my blender with too many delicious smoothies. Anyone have recommendations for one that can cut through ice without dying? I'm looking to spend less than $100. Thanks!

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've got a Cuisinart one that is absolutely fantastic. Anything by them is worth the money!
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    We have a Hamilton Beech, but it was made for smoothie/ice stuff. I believe it was only around $50 at Wal-Mart. We make about 4-5 smoothies a week. Had it for several years.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I definitely love my KitchenAid blender, but it is more than $100. IMO, it's worth the investment. We bought a different brand at Costco for around $50 a while back, and it just wasn't as good.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have a blender similar to the magic bullet... where you blend your shake in the cup you are going to drink it in. I like this because it's perfect for making a 1-serving drink and you only have one cup to wash after. Just an option :)
  • slimmerin2006
    Options
    I bought a Ninja blender from walmart for about $30. It cut through ice so good you can make snowballs with it. I love it and highly recommend it.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    black and decker is pretty cheap. I used one for years. And it's like 52 ounces or something, if you make massive smoothies like me :-p
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Whatever blender you get if you get one where the blade attachment will detach from the jug and then go on to a mason jar you've got a "magic bullet" without the plastic components. I scored one at a yard sale 3 weeks ago so was able to retire the magic bullet. Mason jar attachment lets you make any size that you have a mason jar around for... 500 mL 1L... custom make the small ones if someone wants raspberries and someone else blueberries or make a big party pitcher..
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet & been using the heck out of it! Had it for years & never used it until this journey! I like it, now that I have the ice cube ratio fine tuned! I was making too much or too little "slush". The only thing I don't like about it is that sometimes mine leaks. I think when I put it on the base, it tends to twist, with the motion & I hold it back, hence loosening the top. Never had a major problem, but the potential is there! Mine is OLD though. Maybe they have improved it since then!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    bullet or blender should have an extra "peg" sticking out to keep it from rotating more than a partial turn to keep it from leaking. I did find that my "yard-sale score" leaks if I blend water with flavour crystals and let it sit but it's fine mixing my smoothies as long as I don't try to store them... it only does this on the pitcher it came with by the way not with my mason jars.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Cuisinart® Compact Blending/Chopping System

Absolutely amazing! I love it for my smotthies.
  • orlandosgoddess21
    orlandosgoddess21 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love my ninja too! It makes awesome smoothies and I never have to go back and fish out an ice cube or anything like that. Super, super yummy and they are not that expensive on Amazon lately.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have the Chris Freytag blender that you can carry with you. It gets my vote and it chops up ice really well
  • mycatas
    mycatas Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for all the recommendations! I know where to start now :)