indulging

Options
So today I have been pretty naughty with my eating. Which I am usually pretty good with. Anyways, I was wondering what everyones take on this is; indulging in yummy, delicious fattening food and then just exercising extra that day to counteract the garbage that you took in. Should I work out long enough to burn off the calories or just let it be since these are not my usual daily eating habits and just go back to my usual stuff when I get hungry again? Because I'm definitelynot against working out hard. And I don't want this one day to hurt me since I ate so horribly. So just let me know what you all think.

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If you make it a point to match the calories consumed with the amount of calories you burn you will not or should not gain weight. not exercising and slowly doing days like this often will bring you back to where you started.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My thinking on this. I would do some extra exercise just to be safe but not try and burn off all the "bad" calories. There are even times I go a little nuts and to work it all off would take me Hours:bigsmile:

Just put it down as a oopsie and go back to your normal foods and you should be fine.

Last weekend I indulged a little bit overmuch and much to my surprise I lost close to 2.5 pounds this week. Normal weight loss week is about a pound for me. I just went back to my yogurts, fruits, salads, cereals and protein/carb shakes with almond milk.
  • TerribleTeaGuzzler
    TerribleTeaGuzzler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would exercise it off to be back within your limit. Like ChantelGG said, not doing the exercise and doing these days *only* every now and then will bring you back where you started (it's easy to slip into doing more of them). Saying that, I don't think there's anything wrong with indulging in some "bad" foods as long as you stay within your limit and do do the exercise. I'd have a very hard time if I never ate any of the delicious fattening foods I love. :)
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would try to work off at least half of the "bad" calories and then start fresh tomorrow :) Lots of good days + a few bad days = BALANCE :)