Setting Activity Level Correctly.

Options
I started a new job and have my activity set as lightly active. I am on my feet at least eight hours a day. I'm not just standing. I'm walking, practically sprinting, toting heavy boxes and crates/buckets, and just keeping busy in general. Do you think I have my activity set correctly? I don't want to short myself on calories if it's going to mess up my weight loss, but I don't want to increase them either if it will hinder it.

Replies

• whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    One thought is to use a pedometer to get a measure on the moving part, though it won't help with the lifting part. :smile:
  • lmaharj
    lmaharj Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Upping your activity level only ups how many calories you should intake. You're burning more than you were before so I would put it at active, instead of just light.
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this helps. But I don't plan on putting exercise in my diary unless it an actually exercise. Like taking time out of my day to get fit. You should update the level to be more accurate, but don't add it as an exercise. Hope that helps.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this helps. But I don't plan on putting exercise in my diary unless it an actually exercise. Like taking time out of my day to get fit. You should update the level to be more accurate, but don't add it as an exercise. Hope that helps.

Oh, I wouldn't add it as an exercise, but I wasn't sure if I should bump up my activity level.