Kashi Cereal

Options
lmaharj
lmaharj Posts: 82 Member
I absolutely love cereal (and homemade oatmeal) but I'm a mother of one so the only cereal I buy and eat is for my daughter. I want to try Kashi but I'm not sure which to get (or if I should get that kind). Does anyone eat healthy cereal? What do you prefer?

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    OH I hated healthy cereal for ever! I bought Kashi GO Lean from costco in bulk so I could eat it with my yogurt (i hate the texture of yogurt) and I tried it with milk like regular cereal the other day and I loved it!!! Definately try it! Maybe not by it in bulk like i did but Its def good :) Special K (chocolate version) is pretty good too!!
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    strawberry fields (Kashi) is pretty good! :)
  • skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    Options
    LOVE Kashi...the regular Go Lean is THE BEST for you...buy it at any supermarket...it's usually where they have the healthy/organic options...
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I looooove Kashi!! I usually get the Go Lean berry crumble or the Honey Almond Flax.. I stocked up when Kroger had them on sale early in the year. They had a 15 month shelf life and I must have bought 10 boxes lol
  • lrraska
    lrraska Posts: 33
    Options
    I love the Kashi go lean vanilla oatmeal it is filling and has 9 grams of protein per pouch
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    I loved the kashi cereal. I liked the plain oats and honey, even to just eat dry as a snack. It was filling and sweet enough for kids to enjoy too, I think.

Right now I'm on a Fiber One kick... not sure if I like it or not.
  • vashleym
    vashleym Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Another option for mom/kids is Puffins. Low in sugar.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I love me some Kashi Go Lean Almond Flax! Good on protein and fiber.
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi "Go Lean Crunch" and "Honey Almond Flax". I also like Weetabix Alpen. I tend to have some of one of these three and some of one of these three Shreedies, Raisin Bran, or Spoon sized Shredded Wheat mixed together...
  • lmaharj
    Options
    o0o0o, thanks! I love updating from my phone. Ended up getting the 7 whole grain puffs. I rushed home (which was like 3 minutes), literally pulled out the cereal and made myself a bowl. I ended up added raspberries to it. So delicious! For just under 200 calories (70 from cereal, 35 from raspberries, the rest in milk), I got a great meal.

I'll definitely try out the other Kashi cereals.
  • sophiessweets
    Options
    Kashi GoLean (w/ frozen banana slices)!!!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean is the best its full of protein and keeps you full for hours you should try it.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I like them but they have between 30 and 40 (some higher than 40) grams of carbs per serving. I try to watch my carbs. I think that is pretty high for just one serving of something. That is just me though.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I've become disenchanted with Kashi. I find that their ingredient lists are not as great as they lead you to believe.

I checked your profile to see where you live and you have a Trader Joe's near you. Have you ever been? They have a lot of good cereals under their name brand, and they also carry Barbara's cereals, which are yummy and not sugary.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I don't like anything Kashi. It tastes very bad to me.

I eat cereal sometimes though - usually Cheerios or EnviroKidz :)
  • lmaharj
    Options
    I like them but they have between 30 and 40 (some higher than 40) grams of carbs per serving. I try to watch my carbs. I think that is pretty high for just one serving of something. That is just me though.

I'm not talking about the carbs... And the calorie count is under 200, not at or over.
  • hopelyss
    hopelyss Posts: 145
    Options
    I love the Kashi Go Lean cereal with the fiber twigs. I put some blueberries in it and nearly hit my fiber intake for the day in the first meal!