My NSV, I think....

Options
amy29fan
amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
Well, I am 5'2. I've lost 31 lbs, dropped from 14p clothes ( that I've worn for 18 years), to a 10p, and some 8p. Dropped an xl and l shirts to medium and smalls. But the other interesting issue, is dropping from a 44DD bra, to a 36F? How does that happen????

Replies

• szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Bra size is determined by taking the inches around chest area - waist area. You're waist has gotten significantly smaller changing your cup size. :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Lucky girl. You look great!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Bra size is determined by taking the inches around chest area - waist area. You're waist has gotten significantly smaller changing your cup size. :)

Umm what? your waist size has no bearing on your bra size. bra size is determined by two measurements. the number in teh size IE 42 is the measurement of your rib cage right below your breasts. The cup size is determined by how many inches larger your measurement around the fullest part of your breast is compared to the measurement around your ribcage. for example if your ribcage is 40 inches and your breasts measures 45 inches, your bra size would be 40D. ( I think D is five inches larger.)

amy probably the reason you went up in cupsize is because you were wearing teh wrong size bra before. most women get the wrong size. DId you get fitted by someone? Usually if you get fitted the size is much different from what you think you should be wearing. It also depends on the bra. if it's a cheapo special from walmart for example, the measurements can be all over the place. It's when you get to the more expensive sizes that things are a little bit more standardized but not much. every manufacturer has their own idea about cupsize even though they're all supposed to be exactly the same. (cup size was standardized in WWII, so the armed forces could fit women properly. up till then manufacturers just made up a size)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!