Need Friends

dkr55
dkr55 Posts: 5
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I just joined six days ago. WOuld love to find some friends to help encourage each other. I seem to have trouble staying motivited and would appreciate any help anyone would give me. I am 54, married. Been a yo-yo dieter all my life. I have two grown boys and two grandchildren. I also have 7 step-grandchildren. The ones in Ohio keep me active.

Replies

• MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Hello! This is an awesome website with terrific people. Good luck. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    welcome :) Feel free to add me if you would like (that applies to anybody that would like another friend)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Hello and Welcome! Please feel free to add me! I am a great cheerleader!
  • meka325
    meka325 Posts: 47
    Go ahead and add me if you'd like. I've been here over 100 days and love it and I'm losing alot of weight!
  • Welcome! You're in the right place. This website has worked wonders for so many people who were about to give up. Just stick to it and ask us for help when you need it. :)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :happy:
  • Hi - I'
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Welcome to MFP You will love it here.
    This is a great site for support and encouragement.
    Friend request sent.
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Welcome aboard and good luck
  • jeaskew70
    jeaskew70 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm new to this site too! Feel free to add me as well!
  • hi - I'm also new and would like to have friends who are having trouble staying motivated. I'm almost 60, have at least 60 pounds to lose, and am having a hard time getting started. I've spent most of my adult life trying to lose weight and just haven't kept at anything long enough to be successful. Even since joining 2 or 3 weeks ago, I have done nothing. The e-mail reminding me that I haven't been back to the site caused me to start keeping my food and exercise journal. I know from past experience that keeping a journal is my best tool, yet I seldom use it. I need someone to nag me I guess!

I got married in 2009, have 2 grown children, 2 granddaughters, and 1 stepson. I have a lot of mobility problems, and depend on my husband to do a lot of things for me, as I'm unable to do them. I spend every weekday morning at the YMCA - I do water aerobics 5 times a week and work with a personal trainer twice a week. Exercise has become a habit - the next step is to make the journal and drinking more water habits as well.

I'd love to know how to get motivated and stay motivated - congrats to all of you who are successfully working towards your goal.:bigsmile:
  • wugee
    wugee Posts: 1
    I just joined and am looking foward to losing weight, its so good to see others sharing their journey.
  • tammyll3
    tammyll3 Posts: 44
    Glad you joined! Feel free to add me!
    Tammy
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Feel free to add me also!

I enjoy the motivational messages from my friends on the site...it keeps me going!

Best of luck and enjoy the journey.
This discussion has been closed.