What Do You Think

Options
I found this super cool blog about fitness and nutrition and it really made a lot of sense! But apparently I shouldn't be cutting calories, I should be eating about 800 - 1000 MORE calories than MFP says... I really want to believe this :laugh:. What are your thoughts?

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html
http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/p/fitness-by-numbers.html

Replies

• ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    interesting! it looks like i should be increasing my calorie intake too.....not sure if i have the guts to do it yet though!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    With you being so close to your desire weight, then yes, it's true. You should be eating near or at maintenance and adding in strength training and well as cardio to transform your body the rest of the way.

There are some posts here on MFP that say just that as well, I don't have the links though, they're interesting.

ETA: I would suggest bumping up your calories slowly so your body doesn't go crazy. I plan on bumping mine up as I reach my milestones. When I get to 30 BMI I need to go to 1 lb a week, then when I get to 27-28 I need to switch to 1/5 lb a week then when I hit healthy range just below maintenance.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Close? Aw you're sweet, I feel a million miles away!

I'm scared to try it too but omg, do I ever want too! Haha! I think the problem is I'd fill it with undesirable foods like too much fat and sugars, I'm sure that wouldn't help.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Looks like might need to, too. I was actually just thinking this earlier today without reading that blog at all. I usually try to eat a little over my 1200 but I may start eating 1400 a day ... we'll see what the scale looks like on Monday.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Close? Aw you're sweet, I feel a million miles away!

I'm scared to try it too but omg, do I ever want too! Haha! I think the problem is I'd fill it with undesirable foods like too much fat and sugars, I'm sure that wouldn't help.

Yeah, you definitely don't want to add in those kinds of foods, but good healthy stuff would be a great way to go. Try a hundred calories more this week, then another hundred calories and see how you do bit by bit. You'll discover your own body in the process.