Zumba

Options
Ghlt4
Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
Hi

I have been researching what exercise to do. I walk on the treadmill and swim, but I would like to something to get a better all round fitness. I read on here all the time about Zumba. Is it something I could do as a beginner and not really that fit? If so what program would you recommend.

Replies

• 125spring
    125spring Posts: 10
    Options
    I have 3 Zumba DVD set. They're a lot of fun, and not super hard. The classes at the gyms are more intense, but the DVD's would be great to start. Each DVD is about 20-25 min. It's Zumba Fitness, Target zones.
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    if you have a wii - they have zumba on that it has tutorials on there too x
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba at the gym for the first 10 weeks of the year. I was a TOTAL beginner and I LOVED it. I am not a natural born dancer, but had a great time doing it. You can totally do it.
  • mikesnwgirl
    mikesnwgirl Posts: 112
    Options
    Yes you could do it as a beginner. I started totally out of shape and the first few classes were really hard. I have completed 20 classes and have lost 26lbs!! I'm totally in love with Zumba I go 3 times a week then take a 3 mile walk 2days a week. So far so good. I say give it a try. You can always modify the moves to suit you and slowly work into doing them all. I reccomend going to a class it's the best. I have it for the wii fit, but since I started the class I never play it on the wii. I know my instructor just tells everyone if you can't jump then march and only lift your leg as far as your can stuff like that. She makes it so fun you hardly feel like your working out!!
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I take a class at my university gym and I love it!!! I find I'm so worried about how uncoordinated I look I'm not concentrating on how slowly the time is going by :) That's the only zumba class I've ever taken, but I feel like it's a great cardio workout for all levels. As I get better, I just push myself harder and I still get a good workout. Definitely something to try!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Iv been considering getting the zumba connect game..
    the problem is is that i dont have ANY floor space in my bedroom...
    and im not entirely sure what zumba is..
    pluss il proberlly feel silly doing it..
    but after seeing alot of people doing it and getting great results i do really want to give it a go!
  • MorgEMorg
    MorgEMorg Posts: 1
    Options
    Zumba is the best! I went to my first class yesterday at the gym and I can't wait to go back! I was nervous all day about going...it's been a year since I exercised and I am in the worst shape of my life. I was afraid of looking stupid and I was under the assumption that I would be the heaviest woman there. Boy, was I wrong. There were women there of all shapes and sizes and everyone had such a great time! It was like an hour long dance party and I felt so great about myself....also, the bigger girls look better doing zumba than the skinny girls because there is a lot of booty shaking :) Go to a class and you will be hooked!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the information. I think I will give this a go.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Just go to your gym and try out any zumba class. Its REALLY fun and it will get u sweating so bring water and wear loose clothes. Its all about dancing and having fun, don't worry about footwork. I'm getting my Zumba license on September 10th so I'll be able to teach. I am so excited, my mom is going to buy me new work out clothes.