Whats everyone's average........

mistyb47711
mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
Weekly calorie burn?? I was surfing around and I though my 2535 burn was good, but compared to ALOT that is just a cake walk?? So if you dont mind sharing I would love to what everyone else is doing......

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    No idea.

I dont trust the MFP calories burns as far as i could metaphorically throw them, as its just too vague. Badminton competitive. Hmm, does that mean singles or doubles? Does it count downtime between points, between games, easy games, hard games? Its just too inaccurate. Im really tempted to get some sort of HRM for a more accurate measurement....
  • r3451
    r3451 Posts: 19
    I usually aim for 1,000 cal workouts...some days I post 700, other days I go banzai with like 1,500. So my full weeks with rest days usually end up around 5-6,000.
  • Bjninja
    Bjninja Posts: 44
    On average, mine is between 3500 and 4000 calories per week, but I have an HRM to calculate my exact output. I find that this site's estimates are a bit low. Also, depending on the week, I do some extreme workouts that burn around 900 calories in an hour. Yours might be low if you don't keep track of your own heart rate, but at least your burning! That's a great start.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    I go by the Nautilius machine results, I do elliptical and bike. Then I count lawn mowing. I stopped counting my walk to and from the gym and I don't count the strength training.

I can only work out 3 times a week right now so I get about 1200 to 1500 burned a week.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Weekly calorie burn?? I was surfing around and I though my 2535 burn was good, but compared to ALOT that is just a cake walk?? So if you dont mind sharing I would love to what everyone else is doing......
    same boat as you! I feel like im massivly lazy now seeing other peoples replies!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    I burn about 1600 a week... But really with kids and my job and everything else, that's really good for me... lol
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    Lately, I am ranging from 4,500 - 10,000 cals/week running/biking (25% / 75%).
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    i'm with you, mine are around 2500 - 3000 a week. i'm amazed at some of the burns, but remember that some people weigh a lot more and it's "easier" to burn more. or they could be over estimating if they're not working out as hard as they should be, but logging like they are. i'd rather error on the side of caution and be under cause i eat most of mine.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    I'm usually around 5000-6000 by the time the week is done...but I have more of an active lifestyle and record it as sedentary + log all the calories to try to get closer to my actual burn (to make sure I'm eating enough back). I walk ~60 minutes a day at a fast clip on weekdays, run for about an hour 3-4 times a week, do taekwondo classes about twice a week and do strength training/circuit training 3-7 days a week. I have no kids yet and only work 40 hours a week (thank goodness! I was at a job where I was doing 70-100 hours last year), so that gives me a lot of free time.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I just checked mine for this week and I burned 6418..but I am probably not normal :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    My weekly average is about 3500.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    The only way I would want to burn that many calories is if someone was paying me lol. I burn about 350-380cal per workout, 3x a week. I'd never want to eat back 1000+ calories a day lol. 30lbs down in less than 3mos, and over half a dozen inches off my waist...

I'll stick to it =D.
  • Using my HRM in last 3 months

Month 1: 2330 Per Week Average
    Month 2: 3792 Per Week Average
    Month 3: 3625 Per Week Average
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    During the work year (school year) I burn about 2500-3500 cals depending on the week and what non-exercise duties are required.

During the summer, I'm averaging about 5500 a week and having the time of my life doing it, too. :-) I use a HRM to clock it. I don't count warm-ups in that number.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Lately, I am ranging from 4,500 - 10,000 cals/week running/biking (25% / 75%).
    Holy Crap!!!
  • teshaerwin
    teshaerwin Posts: 42
    about 6634 this week!
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    I am presently using a cane and a walker on bad days, so I have not added any exercise to the program. I need knee surgery on at least one knee. With major pain in lower back, both hips, adema, and gout. I know that when I get some weight off, there should be an improvement on most of my joints. I will try some sort of workout. Any suggestions on things I could do seated? Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.