30-Day Shred for November

Options

Replies

• laurabelle25
    Options
    ok....all i got to say is.....Oh...My....God!!!!!

I did Level 1 last night for the first time (after running/walking the dog, so i was already a little tired) and holy cow:noway: I worked my butt off! Sweat was pouring and i could barely breath. i haven't worked out that hard in, well, forever. soooo for all that haven't started yet....BE PREPARED. this is no wimp workout!:laugh:

And I'm not even that sore today. a little in my butt and arms/shoulders, but it's not bad.

I didn't set any goals as per how much i do it yet, so i'm going to try to do it 5 times a week. We'll see if that happens though, i'd be happy w/ doing it every other day. There's probably no way that i can do every day. I do plan to do it again tonight, then start back up on Mon.

Anyway! Happy Halloween everyone! And good luck!
    Laura
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just rented the video, is there only one? Levels 1-3? How often are you supposed to do it? I did the "Making the Cut" workout 4 x a week. It was a 30 day thing, is this like that?

Angie

In sept, with the orginal challenge on this board, what we tried to do was is....
    30 days, each level for 10 days. NOW....ME, no. I did levels 1 and 2. Once level 1 was not as hard, I moved to 2. Then I would go back to 1 some days. I did this every single day in Sept. except for 2 days. It really worked for me. I am excited to get back into it and that I joined this Nov. challenge. My goal for Sept was to lose 10 lbs, and I did. This month I have (only) lost 7. I am looking forward to HOPEFULLY taking off another 10 with the help of Jillian and the support from this challenge!!!

It gets easier each time you do it. I have never been pushed so hard on a DVD before. It is awesome, and becomes addicting!

HAPPY SHREDDING!!!:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just got the DVD earlier this week and haven't even opened it yet becuase I need to go get some weights. I am gonna start Monday. I was hoping there was gonna be a topic on it so I could get it on it.

I started the first 2 times with cans of green beans - then I bought 3 pound weights.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I just rented the video, is there only one? Levels 1-3? How often are you supposed to do it? I did the "Making the Cut" workout 4 x a week. It was a 30 day thing, is this like that?

Angie

In sept, with the orginal challenge on this board, what we tried to do was is....
    30 days, each level for 10 days. NOW....ME, no. I did levels 1 and 2. Once level 1 was not as hard, I moved to 2. Then I would go back to 1 some days. I did this every single day in Sept. except for 2 days. It really worked for me. I am excited to get back into it and that I joined this Nov. challenge. My goal for Sept was to lose 10 lbs, and I did. This month I have (only) lost 7. I am looking forward to HOPEFULLY taking off another 10 with the help of Jillian and the support from this challenge!!!

It gets easier each time you do it. I have never been pushed so hard on a DVD before. It is awesome, and becomes addicting!

HAPPY SHREDDING!!!:flowerforyou:

I bet you lost 7 but gained healthy strong muscle in the mix!

All but two days - WOW - I struggle finding time to get exercise in - I am still embarrassed to do to much in front of my husband but I did shred in front of my son the other night - getting stronger everytime I do it and more endurance each time. I am shooting for every other day. Funny less than 2 m ago - I was happy with walking upstairs and still being able to breathe
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    This workout sounds so much fun that I'm definitely hitting the mall today to buy it!
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in for the challenge, but may opt out of Sundays as that's the day I run long.

Angie
  • gmukris
    Options
    I just ran across the street to the big bookstore and picked up the shred DVD--I'm so excited to start it tonight! But how do y'all log in the calories burned under the exercise tab on this website? Thanks! :smile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I log it as 20 minutes circuit training under cardio - I don't have a HRM to know for sure
  • gmukris
    Options
    I log it as 20 minutes circuit training under cardio - I don't have a HRM to know for sure

Thank you! That's very helpful.
  • seegirlrun
    Options

I used Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort.

I'm 5'4" and 145 lbs and got 238 calories burned for 27 minutes. I couldn't find anywhere that specified it. I did find the folks who used HR monitors who came up with 220 calories. What happens when you go from level 1 to level 2 and level 3?
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    I just ran across the street to the big bookstore and picked up the shred DVD--I'm so excited to start it tonight! But how do y'all log in the calories burned under the exercise tab on this website? Thanks! :smile:

I logged it as Circuit Training, and do have an HRM:

5'8" 150 = 245 cal. burned for 27 minutes.

Hope this helps a little.
  • gmukris
    Options

I logged it as Circuit Training, and do have an HRM:

5'8" 150 = 245 cal. burned for 27 minutes.

Hope this helps a little.

Thank you--it does!!!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    1 did the L1 shred on OnDemand- the exercise channel. Tough but good. Thanks!:drinker:
  • LeelaStar
    Options
    I Shredded yesterday and today. I am doing level 1 but I think I am almost ready to move to level 2...hopefully later this week!

Hope everyone is enjoying this challenge! :flowerforyou:
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    ok got a question:

I was going to do this 5 days a week, m-f, but after talking w/ my fiance, he said that if i'm working my muscles out sooo much i really need a day inbetween for them to "heal". And you know i'm thinking he's right, b/c the last two times i've done L1 i have been really sore the next day. which is great, don't get me wrong, but i'm thinking that to continue to work those same muscles w/o a break inbetween really isn't going to do anything but hurt me in the long run.

So what do you guys think??? I know there's cardio in there too, but really, must of it is strength, and i've always heard you need to do strength training every other day to re-coop your muscles. So i'm confused now, do i do it everyday and forget what most people say about a break, or do it everyother, which will take me longer, but will be better for my body? hopefully some of you will know the answer!

Thanks, Laura
  • gmukris
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing, Laura. I've done it 3 days in a row and my muscles (especially my legs) are aching. But Jillian says do it everyday--I don't know who or what to believe. I guess you have to listen to your body and if it gets to be too much, then take a day off.

I'd like to hear from people who've completed a months worth--did you really do it for 30 days straight?
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So today was my first day and I actually really like the dvd. It definitely gave me a workout and my arms feel like jello now. Only 29 more days! I can't wait to see what everyone's results turn out to be.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I am starting a little late, but it should arrive today or tomorrow!
  • kate25
    kate25 Posts: 37
    Options
    I want to join too. I'm just starting level 3 and can't wait until I can make it through it in one piece.
  • gmukris
    Options
    I want to join too. I'm just starting level 3 and can't wait until I can make it through it in one piece.

Wow, Kate! How long have you been doing the first 2 levels?