Finished C25K - what now?

Options
Leanz
Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
Hi
NSV I have finished C25K and when I first started I thought I would die running for 60 seconds :bigsmile:

I do wonder what I should do next? Speed up? Go further? I did like the iPhone app for C25k with the audio signals. Is there something else that works the same way? and follows on from what I have already achieved??
Thanks

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Well definitely run a 5k race! Raise some money for a cause, or just run one for youself! Challenge yourself to keep getting better times.
    And in the meanwhile, you can try the Bridge to 10k program, which I have heard picks up where C25k leaves off, so you can continue challenging yourself.

Congrats on finishing!!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think run a 5k race and then prepare for a 10k... then you can see what distance you like most, and stick to it - or increase to half marathon?:)
  • marialy21
    marialy21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The app after c25k is bridge to 10k. I highly recommend it! I used the c25k then bridge to 10k, then trained for a half marathon on my own, and now I'm training for a full marathon! And to think it all started from an app!
  • LISA6DONALD9
    Options
    i have started on the c25k too, but there is an app called Interval Training - you can set your own goals on here, it works in a similar way that it tells you when to start and stop and you can attach your own choice of music too for your walking / running sessions. have a look I found it a bit better with your own music and you can set the intervals to a new challenge each time you feel like upping your game a little further. Lisa x
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions!!

PS I will be 60 in September
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!