please look at my food diary

Options
my weight loss seems to have slowed down...i have no idea why ...can anyone look at my food diary and tell me wht im doing worng?

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    you need to make it public to view
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes, make your diary public, and tell us some more info:

Starting weight, current weight, height, how long have you been losing, exercise routine etc. It might be something other than your food intake.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Personally I think your calorie intake is quite low, maybe you could try eating more for a couple of weeks and see how that goes for you.

Also do you have the time to exercise a bit more? :)
  • Keebler125
    Keebler125 Posts: 44
    Options
    something to consider....
    after a certain amount of time, your body will adjust to the restricted calorie intake, and not burn calories as fast.

something else to consider...
    during the summer months and months that you are especially active, you drink more water. keep in mind that water weighs 3.6 lbs for every gallon you drink. while your body will eventually use the water it can, it still takes several hours for the water to go through your system. which in turn will add weight. my nutritionist warned me to not get too worried that my weight fluctuates so much especially in summer, because i drink close to 2 gallons of water a day during the summer.

you can also check your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) to see where your projected body rate is. i keep my calorie restriction about 400-800 below my BMR and i readjust it every 10 days until i am at my goal.

right now my weight loss has slowed or even stopped and i have started to gain weight, BUT i am staying under my calorie restriction, and i exercise as often as i can. but being disabled that is an issue all itself. my nutritionist has told me that water DOES add weight to you, but not to worry, because it will eventually pass through you.
    if this is the case with you, try to avoid all caffeine, foods high in starch, and foods high in sugar.

just some words of encouragement!
    never fear, you are not alone!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I seen where you were well below your calorie intake on a few days. Also not only well below your goal intake but also below 1200 calories. That can really slow down your weightloss! Try not to starve your body of it's essential calories that it needs to stay alive and functioning. But other than that I'd say you eat healthy.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Personally I think your calorie intake is quite low, maybe you could try eating more for a couple of weeks and see how that goes for you.

Also do you have the time to exercise a bit more? :)
    i agree with this post
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Lidl - Special Muesli, 1 cup
    58g of carbs with NO fibre. you could make your own muesli using rolled oats, nuts etc for the fibre that is lacking in this product. it seems like you're not getting enough fat as well (27g is very little) :(. like others said, i think you need to up your calories a bit. and especially eat back your exercise calories. also with the weight watchers products, i think it might be better if you make your own treats with the cakes and stuff. you control your portions and what goes in there.
  • reenakainth
    Options
    Thanks guys ...ur comments are really helpful...i was quite hungry when i started off but recently im just not hungry dont no why...?!

I try to keep a low carb diet as i recently got diagnosed with PCOS and i really want a baby....!! Absent menstrual cycle since i miscarried and came off pill sure hasnt helped my cause....

I am seing a fertility expert soon in a fortnight i really want to cut my weight a little more but sensibly...so far (last three week) since i started i have lost something even if it is little...i have started excercising recently but i will defo eat my 1200 from now on ....!!

I am still not sure about eating back excercise calories as there is such a mixed consensus on here about i t...!!

I need to keep low carb so ten d to try and eat low GI foods...

im told so many things it drive me crazy...not to eat bananas or to eat them i dont no anymroe....so disheartening...!!!
  • reenakainth
    Options
    Yes, make your diary public, and tell us some more info:

Starting weight, current weight, height, how long have you been losing, exercise routine etc. It might be something other than your food intake.

My height is 163 cm (5ft 4 in)
    start weight was 70 kg...about 154 llbs?
    i started losing three weeks ago START date was 29/6/2007
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's useful.

My comments are - you dont have a great deal to lose, you've only been at it for a while, and your diary has no obvious big flaws.

I'd keep on what you're doing, and review again in 3 weeks. Keep the faith!