Trigger Point massage ball - anyone got one?

alison2429
alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all
Has anyone got one of these? I have just bought one and have used it once on a piriformis type muscle tightness. I knew from a pal on here (Fit4Vet - thanks!) that it hurts a lot when you use it but the tenderness is still there 24 hours later. Is this normal? Can I use it again whilst it still feels tender? How often can you / should you use the ball.
I have looked on the website but although there are lots of videos none of them show how to do this part of your body. I have contacted the company but I was hoping that somebody on MFP may be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

Alison

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Hi all
    Has anyone got one of these? I have just bought one and have used it once on a piriformis type muscle tightness. I knew from a pal on here (Fit4Vet - thanks!) that it hurts a lot when you use it but the tenderness is still there 24 hours later. Is this normal? Can I use it again whilst it still feels tender? How often can you / should you use the ball.
    I have looked on the website but although there are lots of videos none of them show how to do this part of your body. I have contacted the company but I was hoping that somebody on MFP may be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

Alison

Yes, I have it and their "footballer". I've never had it cause tenderness that lasted 24 hours. Perhaps you used too much pressure or for too long? I'd wait to use it again if you're tender. It's not supposed to hurt when you use it--you'll feel a bit of tenderness WHILE using, but only a little. If it HURTS, you're using too much pressure.

I use the footballer nightly on my calves without any lingering tenderness. I don't use the ball as often, only because I don't need to.
This discussion has been closed.