I'm new to MFP. Any runners out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• kellibecker
    Options
    I am a new runner, have ran a 5k am entered in an 8k in two weeks and a half marathon in sept if I can't get into the 10k instead lol.
  • thapinkifunk
    thapinkifunk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi omg def sending you a friend request i was on WW for about 3 years lost 60lbs i was about 15lbs from my goal weight i got addicted to running 2 years ago it helped me get rid of those last few lbs but i some how have lost my motivation and stop doing everything soo sadly i gained all of it back but im here to get back on it and make great friends i love running my goal is to do my first half marathon in 2012 the disney princess half marathon its great to see how many runners there is here any of you in the south florida area? it would be great to find runners near by :)
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am a new runner too. I started in March in the cool Minnesota weather and am learning to adjust to running in the humidity. I run 4 miles in the mornings before the rest of my house wakes up, so at least 16 miles a week with a day or two of biking mixed in to give my legs a bit of a break. I did my first 5K this summer and am planning to do a couple 10K's and a sprint triathalon next summer. My long term goals include a half marathon in 2013 and a full one by 2014.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm a new runner (started with C25K in January), currently training for a 12k race at the end of August.
    I'm finding it hard at the moment as I'm in winter and it's not easy to get outside when it's wet and cold and dark... bring on summer, then I can get out early and enjoy the sunshine - as long as I go at 6am to beat the heat.
    Welcome aboard!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (or any of you other runners). I've been running since the mid-80s (as a kid). Currently training for a 30K trail race with over 4500' elevation gain.
    Welcome aboard!
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    I am a beginning runner and a Bingham fan too. I just finished Courage to Start and am making my way through No Need For Speed. Good luck with the final 5.

Chris