Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just recently found the forum areas, and I was wondering if I could join your guys' awesome house? I'm a complete and total Harry Potter geek, and listen to tons of Wizard Rock while I work out, that is when I'm not working my butt off at school or cleaning. If you guys let me join I would greatly appreciate it, though could someone fill me in on what all happens here? Hope you all enjoy your weekend!
    Thanks!

All Ravenclaws are welcome! I sent you a friend request with a little bit of information.

Anyone who wants to join the September challenge, post your current weight, September goal weight and check out the Inter-House Challenge blog post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/azsuzi/view/hogwarts-september-inter-house-challenge-ravenclaw-house-144095
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sue,
    Thank you so much! Hopefully this will keep me motivated!
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!
    This is my first weigh in, and well I'm kinda nervous. Not really sure what all I'm suppose to include so here goes.
    My starting weight was 286
    Current weight is 266
    Mini Goal is to be 255-250 by my 24th Birthday (10/06/2011)
    Main goal is to be 130-150 depending on where I feel comfortable.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!
    This is my first weigh in, and well I'm kinda nervous. Not really sure what all I'm suppose to include so here goes.
    My starting weight was 286
    Current weight is 266
    Mini Goal is to be 255-250 by my 24th Birthday (10/06/2011)
    Main goal is to be 130-150 depending on where I feel comfortable.

Welcome Sarah (binariiangel)! I have your current weight at 266 and Sept. 30 goal weight at 255. Starting today, you will begin earning House Points for the Inter-House competition with the other houses. You earn 1 point for each minute you exercise throughout the week and report your total when you weigh in next Saturday.

You also begin earning OWLs for our in-house challenges. This week's challenges are:
    Food: Stay under ADDED sugar for the day. This excludes sugars from fruits and veggies. Count up your total sugars from drinks, ice cream, candy, cereal, etc. and keep that total under your sugar goal for the day. Earn 1 OWL each day you meet this challenge.

Exercise: Well, this isn't really exercise, but so many of you have mentioned it, so... Earn 1 OWL each day you DO NOT weigh yourself!!

House Spirit: Earn 1 OWL each day you drop by and post something in the common room.

Other than that, drop in any time and enjoy the company!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon fellow Ravenclaws,

I just got in from staining the deck. It's now 85F and still rising, so I opted to finish in the cool of tomorrow morning. I'm already well past my water goal for the day. I am soooo grateful I have AC because I used an oil based stain and it stinks to high heaven. The results are great though.

My weigh in day remains Sunday. I'll have official weekly totals and start counting the 9/11 progress tomorrow.

*Progress towards week of 9/4 OWLS -9/10 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +6
    Food (64 oz water) - +5
    Exercise (Move) - +6 (used WorkRave for breaks, stained teak bench last night)

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 170
    Week 9/4 to date total = 170
    9/10 exercise minutes - 30 min walking
  • _gwen
    Options
    Sue,

I've got a question about the food goal.
    Food: Stay under ADDED sugar for the day. This excludes sugars from fruits and veggies. Count up your total sugars from drinks, ice cream, candy, cereal, etc. and keep that total under your sugar goal for the day.

What is a 'sugar goal'? I can change my food setting to show sugar (I won't track Sodium this week.). Looking at my standard foods, I'm busted on my tea with milk and sugar. However, I'd like some clarification on these items:

Oatmeal has natural sugar in it, I think that doesn't count, but would like confirmation.
    My protein shake has sugar in it, I think that does count towards added sugar. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    My whole milk plain yogurt has natural sugar in it, I think lactose, but it could be coming from the pectin. I don't think that counts. If I ate sweetened yogurt, I think that does count. Please confirm.
    Sweet pickle relish, counts towards added sugar.

Rule of thumb:
    Minimally processed food like plain unsweetened oatmeal or plain unsweetened yogurt - not counted
    Honey counts as an added sugar.
    Raw fruit and vegetables - not counted
    Processed food of any kind that contains sugar (e.g. can of stewed tomatoes) - counted

Does it sound like I've over thought this enough? :wink:
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Sue,

I've got a question about the food goal.
    Food: Stay under ADDED sugar for the day. This excludes sugars from fruits and veggies. Count up your total sugars from drinks, ice cream, candy, cereal, etc. and keep that total under your sugar goal for the day.

What is a 'sugar goal'? I can change my food setting to show sugar (I won't track Sodium this week.). Looking at my standard foods, I'm busted on my tea with milk and sugar. However, I'd like some clarification on these items:

Oatmeal has natural sugar in it, I think that doesn't count, but would like confirmation.
    My protein shake has sugar in it, I think that does count towards added sugar. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    My whole milk plain yogurt has natural sugar in it, I think lactose, but it could be coming from the pectin. I don't think that counts. If I ate sweetened yogurt, I think that does count. Please confirm.
    Sweet pickle relish, counts towards added sugar.

Rule of thumb:
    Minimally processed food like plain unsweetened oatmeal or plain unsweetened yogurt - not counted
    Honey counts as an added sugar.
    Raw fruit and vegetables - not counted
    Processed food of any kind that contains sugar (e.g. can of stewed tomatoes) - counted

Does it sound like I've over thought this enough? :wink:
    I think you've got it exactly right Gwen. I didn't know oatmeal had natural sugar in it - at least the steel cut oats that I use don't. Maybe the quick oats do... Anyway, you're on the right track!

Oh - and the sugar goal is what MFP shows as your daily goal. You might have to change your diary settings to show sugar as one of the nutrients that you track. Then take your total for the day and subtract out any fruits, veggies, etc. and see if you are under what MFP shows as your goal.
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I had a wonderful day today. The weather was gorgeous so I packed a lunch, grabbed my dog, and drove over to Acadia National Park. We hiked for about 3 1/2 hours, and about 10 miles, in beautiful weather up and down a small mountain through a gorge and by creeks, a couple lakes, and the ocean. I had planned on a shorter hike with time spent reading by the chilly Maine coastline, but I just couldn't stop moving. It was wonderful, but I am totally beat tonight. My dog seems to be even more worn out though. I haven't had the tennis ball dropped in my lap at all tonight :)

I hope that the weather was just as wonderful for all my other Ravenclaws today.

I'm nervous about my weigh-in tomorrow since I've been at a bit of a plateau the last few weeks, but I'm hoping today might push me over the edge a bit.

@ liz11599 - Good luck on your 5K tomorrow! I am doing my first 10K next week, but I don't think I'll be able to run the whole thing.

-Karin
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Good evening Ravenclaws, had an ok day today but the weather was crappy lol.

Sunday 11/9/11 1 OWL Exercise OWL Food/Water – No 1 OWL Post House Points – 35
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Well, I logged my food for yesterday which was a crashing disappointment (we had an "eating" night at work and because I was in such a rush I didn't get to pack my normal good stuff.....so I got hungry and ate things I shouldn't have, and went over my calories a LOT). I've been beating myself up about it actually. I DID do a mega run that morning to try and counteract it a little, and I've been trying to be on the mark with my eating/exercise for today since tomorrow I will actually post my first Ravenclaw weight/OWLs/housepoints. Hopefully I didn't ruin my chances to be a little bit down from my starting weight. *sigh*
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw. i'd say happy sunday, but i find my thoughts going back 10 years ago and remembering. it will be a low profile day for me today. here are my stats for the week:
    weight 180.4 a gain of 0.6lbs for me after a not very focused week
    OWLS-9
    HP-103
    hoping for a better week.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I had a wonderful day today. The weather was gorgeous so I packed a lunch, grabbed my dog, and drove over to Acadia National Park. We hiked for about 3 1/2 hours, and about 10 miles, in beautiful weather up and down a small mountain through a gorge and by creeks, a couple lakes, and the ocean. I had planned on a shorter hike with time spent reading by the chilly Maine coastline, but I just couldn't stop moving. It was wonderful, but I am totally beat tonight. My dog seems to be even more worn out though. I haven't had the tennis ball dropped in my lap at all tonight :)

Karin
    It sounds like you had a wonderful, perfect day!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaw.

This past week was not the best for me for food/exercise. I was out of town for a few days and had a few large meals while out with friends and didn't get in my workout for a few days either.

Check-in numbers:

Weight - 258.6
    Food - 7 (I love water!)
    Exercise - 3 (Missed 3 workouts!)
    Spirit - 1

My total exercise minutes for the week were 186. That number should go up once I get back to my normal routine this week.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Well, I logged my food for yesterday which was a crashing disappointment (we had an "eating" night at work and because I was in such a rush I didn't get to pack my normal good stuff.....so I got hungry and ate things I shouldn't have, and went over my calories a LOT). I've been beating myself up about it actually. I DID do a mega run that morning to try and counteract it a little, and I've been trying to be on the mark with my eating/exercise for today since tomorrow I will actually post my first Ravenclaw weight/OWLs/housepoints. Hopefully I didn't ruin my chances to be a little bit down from my starting weight. *sigh*
    We've all had those disappointing days. Nothing to beat yourself up over though. One bad day will not ruin all of the good ones. It happened - just start fresh today and move on.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    last week - 205.6
    this week - 204.6

week's loss - 1.0 lbs

sorry i haven't really been keeping up with the challenges and everything this past week. i work at a school, so i've been really busy. hopefully thing will start to calm down and get back to normal. :flowerforyou:
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaw!!!! I'm down another pound as of this morning! So I'm at 161lbs. I also ranked up 10 OWLS. (I didn't do so well on posting in here... or on drinking enough water.) I hope everyone is having a great day!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws!

I am down to 229.6 this morning!!

I am a bit confused on the weeks. Is week 2 complete or are we logging week 1?

Thanks,
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws!

I am down to 229.6 this morning!!

I am a bit confused on the weeks. Is week 2 complete or are we logging week 1?

Thanks,
    We're finishing up week 1 and starting on week 2. Did you have any House Points (minutes of exercise) or OWLs to report?
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Ravenclaws!! My weekly House point exercise total (last sun through this sat) is 333.

Also, I know this has nothing to do with our house, though it seems very fitting...GO RAVENS!!
  • _gwen
    Options
    I lost .8 pounds, weighing in at 191.6. I had a beer on Saturday last week, and based on some nutritionist information, I shouldn't be surprised that my rate of weight loss dropped. Ok, ok, ok, no more alcohol until I reach goal weight. :drinker:

House Spirit (post ) - +7
    Food (64 oz water) - +6
    Exercise (Move) - +7
    20 OWLs
    Week 9/4 exercise minutes = 170

*Progress towards week of 9/11 OWLS -9/11 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +0
    Food (sugar) - +0
    Exercise (Don't look at scale) - +0 - not counting official weigh in.

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 200
    Week 9/11 to date total = 30
    9/11 exercise minutes - 30 min walking