The dangers of weightloss and increased fitness:)

Options
So you started your weight loss/fintess journey and things seem to be going as expected. You are feeling stronger, can run a goodly distance, your clothes fit so much better and you even had to give some of your XL shirts and pants to the Goodwill. You thought you were doing great. Ah what a fool you have been!. There are so many things that nobody warned you about. If only...
Remember the time when you would sit in the garden or on the deck or by the pool and all that was expected of you was just to lie or sit there? Now, your kids or friends expect you to come join in the "fun". Requests of "Chase us daddy/mommy"; "Lets grab the frisbee", "Come join us for a bike ride"; or even the dreaded "Let's go for a run, see if I can beat you this time" are coming you way all the time now.
Remember the time at the office or work when no one would expect you to do much physical stuff b/c, lets face it you probably could not. They left you in peace. But now its non stop: "Can you get those boxes down for me?" "Help me with this will ya" or "Can you tilt that vending machine, the chips won't come out". Do you see what this journey has brought you? Were you warned? NO!.
Remember the time when men or women or your hubby/sweetie would maybe not look at you in that special way that often. Let's face it, demands on your time and attention were low. Ah blessed anonymity. But now you notice the looks a lot, the compliments, the smile on your special someone face when you walk by and may be even the more frequent:" How about we, you know...." Sigh, I mean really, you needs that:)
And remember the time when friends, coworkers, bosses and even strangers would just let you go about your day without really expecting all that much. Life was good then. But now it is an endless litany of" Wow, look at you, how did you do it, tell me your secret, OH you inspire me' and on and on. You see what has happened? Were you ready for this? All that time when it was just you and the donut... no more. Oh woe.
And remember the time when at the end of the day you would gladly fall into bed, drained from the weight you carried and maybe that sugar rich treat you had and your kids or boyfriend/girl would know to be quiet b/c lets face it you were tired. But those times are gone now Buster. Now you are feeling strangely energized, some voodoo magic in those veggies and fruits you have been eating, some unaccountable extra bounce in your step, that make you want to "DO STUFF'. Where has all that fogginess gone that thus far has been your safe haven? You find yourself having weird thoughts like: " I think I can do this", "Who knew I can actually 30 pushups, the real kind and feel good about it". If only you had been warned about this strange new way of being and thinking.
And lastly, remember the days when you would call in "sick", ah yes, days spent in bed, with just a book, your friend Hagendaas and a 6 hour marathon of "The time of our Lifes" for company. But now? What misery. You simply don't appear to get sick as much or not at all. You get up, bright and pushy tailed, ready to face whatever the day might bring. Any excuses forming on your lips seem to simply disappear. You look longingly at the phone, asking yourself" "Hm, should I call in sick?". But nowadays you simply shake your head and say "NO, b/c I feel awesome".
So let us face it my friends. Isn't it time to reconsider your madness, this drive to lose weight and become fitter? You have been warned.

P.s. Be well.

Replies

• sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love it! You made my day!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I wish you could put that in a pill and serve it to MY husband.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Haha too true!
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    lol i love it:laugh:
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    very good, made me smile:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Love it! All true and more!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I know! Someone had the nerve to ask me to accompany them on a 105 backpacking trip done over 4 days (hiking 26+ miles a day, with 35 pounds on my back)! LOL
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That was GREAT!!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    haha, i had a nerf gun battle with my son *4* and my neighbors son *5* and my nieghbors son said WHOA YOUR A GOOD RUNNER lol...for some reason that made my day, even coming from a 5 yr olds mouth
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    My God! You're right! Screw this fitness crap!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Lol, so funny and so true! Thanks for the smile! :flowerforyou:
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    WOW!!! I love this... that just made my day. I know a couple of people that need to read this..
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    loved this post!!!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well said!