Did I seriously just run a 5k?! (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    AMAZING job and amazing pics!! I hope running becomes a lifelong passion!! I started 9 years ago at age 44 while battling breast cancer!! I'd never run a step in my life. That was before the C25K program was around. I just kind of muddled through. Why I didn't just quit, still amazes me. It wasn't easy and it wasn't fun!! LOL!! Now, 9 years later... I finished my second 50K trail race yesterday!! I told my boyfriend (this morning). I remember when I was more sore than this the day after a half marathon!! Runners are amazing, fun people. Trail runners (what I mainly do now) are even more so. I think it's that whole "you could die out there" thing that really bonds the trail runners. Runners are so helpful and offer great advice to one another. I have even traveled to races and shared rooms with them. Talk about craziness at 5AM with a roomful of runners that have to quickly get ready and all packed up before the race starts!! You will share fun and stories and will have friendships that never die!! Good luck on your journey!! :drinker:
  • talecca
    talecca Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is awesome!!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am *TOTALLY* inspired!! Such an incredible accomplishment!
  • greenhydrangea
    greenhydrangea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great! I want to be able to do this too!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Actually, that time is really great for your first time!!!! So happy for you... and you look amazing!!!
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is an awesome accomplishment. Reading stories such as yours keeps people like me motivated. I am in week 3 of c25k and this morning did not want to do my run. I am so very happy now that I did. Some day soon I hope to be able to proclaim that I did a 5K too. Keep it up. That is really good time too.
  • ladderguy055
    Options
    That is so awesome! keep on runnin'.
  • CatharinaC
    CatharinaC Posts: 32
    Options
    That is so awesome, I knew you could do it :) ... But at the same time you have given me and so many others hope. We can do it.. it may be hard and a challenge, but the ending result is amazing.
    I agree with you about the legs, my horses have kept my legs white .. lol It is only fun to ride in shorts when you ride bareback.

Cath
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I can inspire so many of you :) just keep on trucking!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!