?? Should I be happy or sad??

I just weighed in this morning and did my measurement here are the results

Last Week This Week
Weight 347lbs 349 lbs
Neck 17.5 inch 17.5 inch
Waist 59 inch 57.0 inch
Chest 51.5 inch 49.0 inch
Hips 52.5 inch 51.5 inch

What do you think? A little weight gain, but size drop???

Replies

• ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    You should be very happy....I think the tape measure is a more accurate guage of success than the scales.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Personally, I rely more on measurements than the scale. I would be pretty darn happy if I were you!

Great job. That extra two pounds could be water retention. I wouldn't worry about it. You are showing results in your size anyways, who cares what the scale says.

You rock!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Be HAPPY! You are losing inches and sometimes that is better than weight.! :smile:
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Remember muscle weighs more the fat :)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    HAPPY for sure!! You lost inches! A little weight gain while building muscle is normal in the beginning, but the tape measure does not lie!! Great job!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! CONGRATS! .. as said before, the tape measure is more accurate! :wink:
  • lrraska
    lrraska Posts: 33
    You should be happy for sure, even thought the weight went up the other numbers are so good!! Keep up the good work and stay positive
  • I would be happy!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Happy! :)
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Happy! You probably only gained a bit of muscle. :)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member

They weigh the same....but muscle takes up less room than fat. (a pound is a pound no matter what you weigh). Great loss on the inches - that is great - I would say you've replaced fat with muscle. Which has the added advantage of burning more calories :bigsmile: BE HAPPY :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • good work! inches are always a better indicator anyway!
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    i lost inches before i lost pounds
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member

They weigh the same....but muscle takes up less room than fat. (a pound is a pound no matter what you weigh). Great loss on the inches - that is great - I would say you've replaced fat with muscle. Which has the added advantage of burning more calories :bigsmile: BE HAPPY :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    If a person started working out in June, it's not muscle already! That takes some time to build. A scale # doesn't mean lot if we're dropping inches. The scale goes up and down through out the day, what the tape measure says is what's really going on.:wink:
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member

I just meant the amount of body space taken up with muscle weighs more than the same amount of body space taken up with fat
  • HAPPY HAPPY HAAAAAPPPY!!!! :flowerforyou: