Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Come on and join me! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    4 mile run... woohoo!! Pain-free! :bigsmile: Just kept it slow and walked up one hill, I didn't want to do anything that might aggravate my achilles! :noway:

Feels good to be back into routine, but my 4:30AM wake-up call was a rude awakening! :yawn:

Have a good one!

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Jess and all runners!

Four for me also. It feels so good to run again; although my break is self-imposed, not injury related.

Enjoy a beautiful fall day everyone :happy:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running again today. Did a spinning class this am. I think we are running in bootcamp tomorrow and I am not sure about this weekend. Next weekend is the big race so I am trying not to push it until then.
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    No running today. Orthopedic appt at 1:30. Shredded last night as and again today. Trying to do SOMETHING to keep active. I miss my exercise calories!!!
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Good morning everyone!:smile:

I celebrated joining up last night with a tub of ice cream! Okay, that probably wasn't the best idea, but my mom was over and we watched a movie, overall I didn't eat very many more calories than I should have, but I know ice cream is sooooo bad for you! And stayed up way too late, so no spinning for me this a.m.

New day, I will run 4-5 miles today. I will eat healthfully up until I go to book club, then it's no holds barred :devil: :wink:

Angie
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well... bummer here, I was on my treadmill rocking out when my little baby boy started to cry and freak out, so I had to stop. It's better than nothing, but only about 3.4 miles.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Did speedwork today:

1 mile warmup
    4 x 1 mile@7:30 with 1/2 mile jogs in between
    1 mile cool down

= 8 miles total.

I'm kind of beat after that workout. :yawn:

Oh, yeah, BTW...the Philadelphia Philles are the World Series CHAMPIONS!!!!! Oh, yeah! :drinker:
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Mother-in-law stopped over for a chat, right as I was heading out the door to run, and she brought cookies, damn her!:devil: !! I don't have time to run now, what's a girl to do?????
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Bf and I didn't run yesterday...I felt like crap and had to do legs, so I did that after work, which was pretty late for me, but it was still good. I'm doing 3 miles today..I'm still feeling exhausted but I know why this week. :grumble: At least it's nice out.
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    Went to see the doctor. It was going to be PT until he told me to stop running and I said I hadn't in the past 12 days. Now I get to have an MRI instead to rule out a stress fracture. THEN we can "treat agressively," whatever that means.:sad:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh man, 6:56 PM and I'm still at work :grumble:
    Hope to get 5-6 miles in when I get home.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Yucko, Tom! What do you do for a living? My hubby works long hours too. It bites, but it's awesome for us as a family b/c I can stay at home with our new baby! Do you live in the NW?
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    GREAT DAY TODAY!!! 5 miles.

First, the gps... I purchased the receiver a few weeks ago for my phone, but had problems with it. I just spent two days working on the issue, AND, I got it working. CHECK ME OUT!!!!!! (the link below) TOM-HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

http://gpsed.com/track/708957947811108384

Second, I took the advice that I was offered and bought a tube of body glide. Sounds so dirty....
    It seems to have worked, but five miles isn't really a great test when you're getting ready for a marathon.

Third, I tried a band aid type tape today over the blister on my toe. Once again, it seems to have worked, but 5 miles are not really a true test.

And finally, my shoes got their first water test. Apparently, today was the day they watered the bushes on the side of the road... There was water everywhere, about two inches deep. The shoes passed the test.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Yucko, Tom! What do you do for a living? My hubby works long hours too. It bites, but it's awesome for us as a family b/c I can stay at home with our new baby! Do you live in the NW?

Got my five miles in. I live in Florida, so it is not cold running after sunset (64 today)
    I'm a veterinarian, so I never get done on time. (That's why i am usually a morning work-out person - great way to start the day, and no matter how your day goes, your workout is already done.
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Let me tell you about the Twin Cities Marathon I ran on 10/5 of this year. I bodyglided my feet and toes, that's what I usually do (bodyglide is the best thing in the world!!!). It rained, no, actually it poured for the first 11 miles, I'm not kidding!!! My first 3 marathons were hotter than hell, and it poured on me for 11 miles!!! BUT...I ran my best marathon ever (not THE best ever, my best) a 4:23, AND I ran a negative split, which means my first 13.1 miles was at a 10:09 pace, and my second 13.1 miles was at a 9:56 pace, and the last part is uphill!!! When finished, I expected my feet to look like, I don't know, alien feet? They were better then I've ever seen them after a marathon! Yay bodyglide, yay rain!!!

Use the bodyglide, don't worry about the rain, duct tape works well on race day instead of band-aids, oh and i do love those jelly belly sport beans way better than gu, or clif blocks, or luna moons, I start eating 2 at a time a mile before a water stop and it's all good!

Sorry, this is kind of a drunk post as it's after my monthly book/wine club, but I'm just not tired.