Halfway to goal – 62lbs down with PICS!

Options
I am so excited to share this with everyone! I started my journey January 22, 2011 at 260lbs. Today I weigh 196.6lbs! I am 5’7”, my goal weight is 135lbs, so I’m about halfway there.

I started out wearing a size 22/24 (and honestly, some shirts were 26/28) and I now fit comfortably in a size 16 (some 14s, but some 18s still, too). I have lost an entire shoe size, going from 10s to 9s. Gone forever are 11.5 inches from my waist, 7inches from my hips, and 1.25inches from my neck. I no longer snore, and sleep apnea is a thing of my past. I can wear high heels without horrendous foot cramps. I feel good about myself, I feel strong, I am confident.

The most important thing I want to tell you about my journey thus far – I am not embarrassed or ashamed to post these photos. My journey began with my head – I used to live with so much self hatred, it’s no wonder all previous attempts to lose weight failed, I had no respect for myself. So I had to start loving myself, and I had to learn to love my body (even at 260lbs). Once I loved ME, I started treating myself better, giving my body the movement and nutrition it needed and deserved. And the weight started to come off.

Also - I MUST thank my MFP family. I depend on each and every one of you, you pick me up when I am down, you support, motivate and inspire me on a daily basis, you are HONEST with me, you give me great advice – and I wouldn’t have made it this far without you. My real life family has been awesome, too :happy:

OK, here goes!

2eq7uap.jpg

2hs87br.jpg

24n0iua.jpg

2vb7orc.jpg

Haha, I'm such a nerd! The title of this thread should have been "63lbs down" :blushing: I hope you all enjoy!

Replies

• Babs1
    Babs1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done - what a difference. Really pleased for you.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're awesome!
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    You look amazing and are such an inspiration!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look fantastic. [=
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You're an inspiration for all of us!
  • ma2erin
    ma2erin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's a lot of hard work & dedication, you look terrific! :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Wow - your green purse really grew :)

You look like a completely different person. Very nice work!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    WOW i wish my weight los showed so well on me you look REALLLLLLY great!
    keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    You look simply fantastic!!! Wonderful change and such an inspiration to me!
    Thank you for posting! Keep up the great work.

I appreciate you saying you had to love you before you could embark upon this journey. I have struggled with that myself and it is so nice to know other people feel the same way!

Your success is amazing.

I look forward to the next round of pictures!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Pictures say it all sweetie - you are amazing. You look amazing. What a wonderful change in such a short period of time!!
    You have really turned your life around -- you are now healthy ... and you sure look happy!!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! you look wonderful, keep up the great work and I kno you will see your goals!! :flowerforyou:
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You should and I know you are proud of your huge accomplishment. Great job.....

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    OMG! You look FAB! You are really an inspiration to me personally because you are built just like me! Thanks for sharing!

I forgot to add I also had a highest weight of 260.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    you're amazing Miamia. you've done so well! so proud!
  • jennifer30
    jennifer30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!! keep it up
  • JessiGetFit
    Options
    Thank you for sharing these fantastic pics! Congrats on all of your hard work-- you look amazing! :)

...And btw, cute shoes!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    My goodness! You are so beautiful! I loved reading your story, also! Thank you so much for sharing these with us - you rock! :drinker:
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow how inspiring and you look marvelous!!!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING Mia! So happy for you! You rock girl!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You look totally awesome, congratulations! I bet you are so proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!