Plateau!!

Options
So I've hit the plateau head on. I've actually gain a pound since a I hit the plateau three weeks ago and I don't know what to do! I've started lifting weights and I have lost about an inch from hips and stomach, but the scale is going up.

Any Advice?

Replies

• menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So I've hit the plateau head on. I've actually gain a pound since a I hit the plateau three weeks ago and I don't know what to do! I've started lifting weights and I have lost about an inch from hips and stomach, but the scale is going up.

Any Advice?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating everyday?
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well it depends on how much I work out. It varies between 1310 to 1750.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well if your weight loss goal is set at 2lbs a week I would try moving it to 1.5 or 1. Since you only have 7lbs left to lose your body might just want to take them off a little slower. Good luck to you! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Im not very experienced, but I have heard that first of all muscle weighs more than fat, so a small increase in the scales when your weightlifting is normal...?
    The second thing I learned (and someone please correct me if I am mis-informed:wink: ) is something I learned from reading Dr Phils weight loss book....he said that when you hit a plateau look at the positive side of it...He said that it means that your body is getting used to all the changes you've made in your eating habits, excercise, and changes to your metabolism, and that its kind of "re-grouping" to accommodate that and you will get right back to losng pounds! So, I always look at the plateaus as a positive thing because it means Ive done enough to get my body changing:smile:
    ~Roni
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

Any Advice?

Just keep doing what you're doing. Muscle weighs the same as fat (one pound of fat weighs the same as one pound of muscle, but muscle takes up less space) so that is why you have lost inches but put weight on. Stop worrying so much about what the numbers are on the scale and give respect to what the numbers on the tape measure are saying. Things will change, just give it time.
  • lnwolfs
    lnwolfs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try drinking 100 oz of water per day for the next week faithfully (if you havent been already). Water flushes the fat out of your system, along with any sodium that is causing you to retain water. It also causes your metabolism to work a little harder when drinking cold water to warm that water up so it can be absorbed.

When you are doing your cardio, make sure you are staying in the fat burning heart rate zone for your entire workout.

I have been weeble-wobbling back and forth between 3 pounds for the last 6 weeks. So I am going to take my own advice also. Good luck to you!!!