Does it count? (Water)

Options
I have gotten myself to drink about 7-10 cups of water a day, but I despise the taste!! Going from 6-8 sodas to all the water has been a challenge in it's own, but I'm doing it!!

Can I still count the water if I use one of those 5 calorie packet flavoring things. I don't use them on all my water but I have a big cup= 3 cups of water and I usually use one packet for one cup a day. Can I still count that cup of water as 3 cups and then log the calories from the pack?

(Might be a "DUH" question but I just wasn't sure)

Replies

• JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you still add the water but add the calories from the packet separately.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    yep. I use 1 pack to 2 litres of water. Just enough for flavoour.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I count it as water -- it encourages me to drink it and reduce my diet soda consumption
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That's the only way I got off the soda!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    For me - I don't count anything but pure water. I don't count the water in my protein shakes, the water in my coffee or water that I add flavor packets to it. I only count it if it is just plain water. I guess for me - I feel like if I'm adding something else to it, I'm adding chemicals or sweeteners or whatever. So, it isn't just plain ole water anymore.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It counts.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am with Chevy, I do not count anything as water that isn't PLAIN water.
    When you add anything to it then it doesn't do the job that plain water does, it has to be "filtered" differently than plain water.
    It is not as bad as soda is for you but it isn't as good as plain water is either. I would advise that if you have a goal of 8 cups of WATER a day, then get the whole 8 cups of plain water in. You can break it up with the flavor packet during the day if you have to, but still get your 8 cups of plain water in as well. Your body will thank you for it.

And there is no such thing as a DUH question. :wink: