"Why are thin people not fat?" - videos

Options
Just wanted to share a video (7 video parts in total) that a friend showed me, called "Why are thin people not fat?" It takes a different perspective on studying obesity, by examining people who are naturally thin and tend not to gain weight/inches regardless of their diets. The video poses several different theories behind weight gain and obesity. It's just over an hour in total to watch all of them -- but it's interesting and informative!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-A0iHSdcA

Replies

• emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    i am going to watch this :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump :smile: :laugh:
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Thanks for sharing very interesting videos!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Don't attack chocolate :sad:

I think a study done where they actually followed people around who are "naturally" thin and kept track of what they ate, and did on a daily basis would have been more interesting. Since it seems like most these people might eat whatever they want, but definitely don't eat a lot of food.

I also want to know what happened to the guy who fasted for 1 year and 2 weeks....did he die? They never say do they?
  • rg4u
    rg4u Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow I just watched the entire thing from start to finish and was quite fascinated! Thanks for posting!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Don't attack chocolate :sad:

I think a study done where they actually followed people around who are "naturally" thin and kept track of what they ate, and did on a daily basis would have been more interesting. Since it seems like most these people might eat whatever they want, but definitely don't eat a lot of food.

That is it, nail on the head, x marks the spot.

I am a relatively naturally thin person, I have two stick thin sisters. One is a total space case (in that she is very focused and intelligent), so eating isn't really something she does very often. She likes high fat foods, drinks beer, etc. She does like being active and is pretty healthy overall.

The other is a lazybones. Never been into sports, not physically active at all, uncoordinated... but super thin. She is a junk food fanatic, eats all kinds of processed garbage... But she's lazy, so she doesn't eat often, and she'd rather watch TV or play video games than eat or cook.

Are they thinner than me? Yes. Healthier? Probably not.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Interesting thanks for sharing
  • be_kris
    be_kris Posts: 47
    Options
    Bump
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ooh - thank you for posting.....bump for later Vx
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    im going to watch it now!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    omg! im a little scared iv caught this chicken thing. because it was just a random boom in fat. in just 1 location..
    also think my leg fat is proberlly now that big fat that wont go..
    and now i understand why im hungry alot when i shouldnt be..
    damn body stop it. you dont want to be fat!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    later
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    need more time to watch later
  • Viewparadise
    Options
    anyone else notice that the users name is 'Annawillpower' and most of her videos are about anorexia? Not a comment about the actual video, just something I noticed..
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    bumpity
    something to do tomorrow at work :wink:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check this out!