eating too much fruit

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The first result you give is for a cup of apple slices, which is more than one apple, and is still only 65 cals.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    The first result you give is for a cup of apple slices, which is more than one apple, and is still only 65 cals.

Cup is pretty subjective. If you look at the ounces, it's 15 calories per ounce, which for a 6 oz. apple (not including core and stem) would be 90 calories.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Seriously, the first 6 sites in a quick google said 46 cals for a medium apple, regardless of type. What's the point in measuring in cups?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too much fruit.

I don't know.... I went a little overboard on grapes recently. I pooped like eight times that night.
  • aubarnold
    aubarnold Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Too much of any type of sugar is bad for you...I try to snack on veggies too :) Everything in moderation
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Seriously, the first 6 sites in a quick google said 46 cals for a medium apple, regardless of type. What's the point in measuring in cups?

I don't doubt it, but from some research I've done it seems like Cox apples are the staple in the UK, which for some reason have less calories than other apples.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Maybe American apples are bigger. Like the soda servings and the people.

meow
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

Maybe American apples are bigger. Like the soda servings and the people.

Oh yeah. No weight issues over there! :laugh:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hey there. . .unless you are a diabetic. . fruit is good. . natural sugar. . It is all about achieving a balance between carbohydrates, healthy fats and protein. . So don't worry about that. . just make sure that you are getting enough of your other essential nutrients. . I have went on a 3 day fruit fast before eating nothing but fruit, and it was the best thing . . .so no worries!:bigsmile:
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I thnk if you have 2-3 servings of fruit a day you are okay...once in awhile it is okay to go overboard just remember everything in moderation.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

I don't doubt it, but from some research I've done it seems like Cox apples are the staple in the UK, which for some reason have less calories than other apples.

2 words food scale! Other than that. . I keep the calorie king book handy. . That is what I used to get fit before. and keeping the diary. . it works!