You know its the New Year...

Options
I may get the wrath that Razboo got a month ago but long story short.

Watching tv shows chronicalling weight loss and reading logs on website and found a common factor and that is that we are all the one thing that stands between us and true success with getting rid of our fat out of shape selves.

I too used to wonder how little I could do and still get thin. It wasn't until I started listening to what these trainers, doctors, nutritionists and health experts have been trying to get through to all overweight people that I finally started to succeed.

I got serious about weight loss in Sept of 2007. I am 5'9" and started at 247 lbs. I have dropped 31 lbs since sept 1. The only way I have finally started to loose and continue to be successful is to eat 5-6 small meals a day, no 100 calorie snack packs or pre packaged food or so called "healthy" options at restaraunts, just real food (you know a large apple has 110 calories and will fill you up much longer than a 100 calorie pack or sugary junk). In addition I had to get moving, not 30 minutes a day a few days a week but a full hour of cardio 6 freaking days per week and when I plateaued in NOvember I had to add weight training which I do 5 days.

There is no magic pill, no special sweat suit, no diet drink or meal, pretty much if they are trying to sell it to you it isn't going to make you feel any better or make you successful in this life changing journey, your own will and drive to change is the only thing that can make it happen.

Bottom line, it is a lifestyle change FOR LIFE. You have to change your habits forever and quit thinking of the easy way out, because there isn't one. Like I said, you are the only thing standing in the way of a healthier you.

Had to get that off my chest. :mad:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I may get the wrath that Razboo got a month ago but long story short.

Watching tv shows chronicalling weight loss and reading logs on website and found a common factor and that is that we are all the one thing that stands between us and true success with getting rid of our fat out of shape selves.

I too used to wonder how little I could do and still get thin. It wasn't until I started listening to what these trainers, doctors, nutritionists and health experts have been trying to get through to all overweight people that I finally started to succeed.

I got serious about weight loss in Sept of 2007. I am 5'9" and started at 247 lbs. I have dropped 31 lbs since sept 1. The only way I have finally started to loose and continue to be successful is to eat 5-6 small meals a day, no 100 calorie snack packs or pre packaged food or so called "healthy" options at restaraunts, just real food (you know a large apple has 110 calories and will fill you up much longer than a 100 calorie pack or sugary junk). In addition I had to get moving, not 30 minutes a day a few days a week but a full hour of cardio 6 freaking days per week and when I plateaued in NOvember I had to add weight training which I do 5 days.

There is no magic pill, no special sweat suit, no diet drink or meal, pretty much if they are trying to sell it to you it isn't going to make you feel any better or make you successful in this life changing journey, your own will and drive to change is the only thing that can make it happen.

Bottom line, it is a lifestyle change FOR LIFE. You have to change your habits forever and quit thinking of the easy way out, because there isn't one. Like I said, you are the only thing standing in the way of a healthier you.

Had to get that off my chest. :mad:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. It is a lifestyle change. It is hard work and the rewards are well worth it. Each day you feel better about yourself and you will have a set back here and there, but you brush yourself off and head back to the track.
    eating junk food taste so good, but a long healthy like is the world.