INSANITY Challenge - Starting 8/1

Options
Hello, I'm starting Insanity (officially) on August 1st and wanted to know if anyone else will be starting or would like to start at that time. I'd love to have some company on this insane journey with me. I want to earn that Insanity T-shirt. My C25K group on MFP is working really well so wanted to try and do the same with Insanity.

Are you up for the challenge?

Replies

• dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    How long are the daily routines for Insanity? Are they an hour + like P90X? I love beachbody programs!!!
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I'm in... I had planned on starting on the 1st anyway (I'm running a 5k on the 30th of July and didn't want to start before than)... :wink:
  • TakuraHunt
    Options
    How long are the daily routines for Insanity? Are they an hour + like P90X? I love beachbody programs!!!

Yes, I believe they are all (except abs) around 55 min or so (like P90x)
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Those of you starting 1 Aug, have you guys heard about the $100K Beachbody Contest that starts 1 Aug?
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I had planned on starting on the 1st anyway (I'm running a 5k on the 30th of July and didn't want to start before than)... :wink:

Yay! Thank you. My first 5K isn't until September and I'm starting week 4 of C25K next week so I'm definitely going to have some pretty rough days doing C25K and Insanity but I'm up for the challenge. :smile:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Those of you starting 1 Aug, have you guys heard about the $100K Beachbody Contest that starts 1 Aug?

No what is that?
  • wbond
    Options

The first 4 weeks, the routines are 45minutes...you have a recovery week and then start the second 4 weeks, those routines are 60minutes.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Aww man. I already started. :(

Let me know how it goes with you guys though! :D
  • LadyPippen
    LadyPippen Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm starting another round of insanity on 8/1. Let's go get it.
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

How did your first round go? Did you loose or tone more...I almost purcharsed the set but I have 1 bad knee and I read theres a lot of jumping so didn't think this would really work for me
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options

How did your first round go? Did you loose or tone more...I almost purcharsed the set but I have 1 bad knee and I read theres a lot of jumping so didn't think this would really work for me

You can modify the moves. I plan to take it easy on the jumping moves due to a previous knee injury.
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Im already on Month 2 of Insanity, but I can be a cheerleader for you guys...LOL...good luck!
  • TakuraHunt
    Options
    NO - please tell me about it...
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Call me INSANE.. but.. I think I'm in. I'm getting bored of running anyway.. and I love free t-shirts!

I'm also lifting weights 3x/week. Think this will go good together?
  • wbond
    Options

No what is that?

This contest starts Aug 2011 and runs till 31 Mar 2012. Monthly, Quarterly and Grand Prizes. You must be a Team Beachbody member and work out with a BB program (INSANITY, qualifies...). If you want more info let me know...
  • wbond
    Options
    Call me INSANE.. but.. I think I'm in. I'm getting bored of running anyway.. and I love free t-shirts!

They will definitely good good together...Cardio with Insanity and Strength training using weights
  • TakuraHunt
    Options
    Yay! Thank you. My first 5K isn't until September and I'm starting week 4 of C25K next week so I'm definitely going to have some pretty rough days doing C25K and Insanity but I'm up for the challenge. :smile:
    This will be my second 5k - I ran my first one June 25th. Good luck to you!
  • LadyPippen
    LadyPippen Posts: 59
    Options
    I did my best and forgot the rest. My cardiovascular capacity improved, I was able to run faster, longer. I got toned a little bit and saw results in my core area. This round is more nutrition focused versus to fitness focused. I want to continue to get better as far as fitness is concerned but I need to focus on clean nutrition. I say go for it, know your limits and stop if needed and always do your best and forget the rest.

• OneBryteSmile
    Options

I'm also planning to continue my strength training 3X a week along with Insanity.
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My Insanity comes on the 19th, so I'll be a couple of weeks ahead of you but I can't wait!! :D