dipped my hand in the halloween bucket!

Options
Oh my...temptation almost overtook me last night! I was sitting in the floor filling the litttle baggies with goodies when all of a sudden, I couldn't resist:noway: I wanted two pieces that I had been eyeing the entire time, so I looked on the pkg to see how many calories it had and I had around 300 cal left for the day (this was after dinner, too) so I picked those two pieces and together they were 150 cal! Here's the funny part, I'm sitting in the floor with all this candy around me in the room all by myself and DH walks in just as I had put the last piece in my mouth:blushing: He gave me this look with a half grin on his face like he was so shocked! I told him I was having a party all by myself, but it was only two pieces! He just laughed and kept on walking, but the good thing is I ONLY HAD TWO!! Last year, I would have ate the entire bags and had to go buy more candy for the kids! Anyone else had the good ole temptation with halloween candy yet?

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Oh my...temptation almost overtook me last night! I was sitting in the floor filling the litttle baggies with goodies when all of a sudden, I couldn't resist:noway: I wanted two pieces that I had been eyeing the entire time, so I looked on the pkg to see how many calories it had and I had around 300 cal left for the day (this was after dinner, too) so I picked those two pieces and together they were 150 cal! Here's the funny part, I'm sitting in the floor with all this candy around me in the room all by myself and DH walks in just as I had put the last piece in my mouth:blushing: He gave me this look with a half grin on his face like he was so shocked! I told him I was having a party all by myself, but it was only two pieces! He just laughed and kept on walking, but the good thing is I ONLY HAD TWO!! Last year, I would have ate the entire bags and had to go buy more candy for the kids! Anyone else had the good ole temptation with halloween candy yet?
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I have! It's so hard with that candy in the house. I ate a couple pieces last night, but I was like you, I still had about 200 calories left after dinner. So, I didn't feel too badly about it.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    We use candy that is left over through out the year that we forget is in the closet but last night at work I was Eyeing the candy bowl. I work at a resort that people own condos and rent them out like a hotel and we had a pumpkin carving party. My bob had sun chips doritos rice crispy treats and a bowl of candy. I did really good I think I had 3 midgees and one flavored tootsie roll. now that I am on MFP I look at every calorie and see if it's worth it. the one bag of sun chips was like 210 calories not worth it to me.

Good luck tomorrow with the trick or treating!!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    We don't have any in the house yet, I'm going to buy some tonight, then give it all away tomorrow, so I won't be tempted. Except for that one reese's peanut butter cup i will allow myself.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic of you!

My boss came back from San Francisco and brought this HUGE HUGE bag of Ghiradelli chocolate... so far I have indulged in moderation ONLY...I've had 4 pieces in the week that it's been sitting on the counter, and I went for dark chocolate...yum...I love dark chocolate.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I made a challenge this year that I would eat NO candy! None. I have in the past said I would only eat a couple and ended up binging on it!! I remember about 4 years ago, before I started my healthy lifestyle making myself sick eating candy! :blushing: So I said NEVER again. I know my limits and starting w/ the candy (or white crack as I call sugar) doesn't work for me.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Oops- double post. Sorry! Just say no to candy! :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    So glad you mentioned it - I haven't even bought any candy to hand out yet - guess I better hurry!

I'll buy something I don't like to avoid the temptations!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    We don't have any in the house yet, I'm going to buy some tonight, then give it all away tomorrow, so I won't be tempted. Except for that one reese's peanut butter cup i will allow myself.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm putting aside 2 pb cups (total = 220 calories). My husband said he's going to put aside more than that for himself. I told him if he does, put it somewhere I don't know. I bought the candy like 2 weeks again and still haven't had any.
  • amberwilber
    Options
    Yes, my eldest daughter decided that she didn't want to go trick or treating this year (apparently 14 is too old, who knew?) Anyway she decided that she was going to purchase her own bag of Willy Wonka Candy (Laffy Taffy, Sweet Tarts, Nerds). I had to tell her to hide this bag last night because apparently banana laffy taffy is very addictive, must be some strange chemical added. I don't even like Laffy Taffy, but I think this 1400 calorie a day diet is making me basically want everything. Oh well, she must have hidden it well because my husband just called and asked where it was. He likes the banana Laffy Taffy also. This month and the next two will be the most challenging for all of us out there trying to lose weight...Good Luck, and remember one minute of pleasure on the lips and a lifetime on the hips, unless of course you want to work out for an extra hour to burn that bite size piece of heaven.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey don't worry, I ate some (yucky) sour Jelly Bellies and a couple gummy bears and a couple bites of my friend's Blizzard last night because I was feeling like POO. Then today I weigh in lighter than I've been in months. :noway:

Gummy bears are the answer!! :laugh:
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    omg, we have "secret spooks" at work and everyday mine is leaving me candies on my desk! My workout buddies at work and I were talking about how much CHOCOLATE we are mindlessly going through. We put all of it in a grocery bag (huge!) and I took it home to the hubby and his friends and they devoured it. lol.