Protein Bars/"Health" Bars

akaChuck
akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
I see a lot of protein bars and "health" bars (Luna, Clif, Lara, etc.) and was wondering what is in your opinion the best overall? A lot of them have quite a bit of calories and not that much protein compared to others. Being out and about all day and working out as well, these bars are the easiest to grab on the go for me....just wondering your opinion! Thanks :)

Replies

• Lara bars are AMAZING! They are the perfect snack and they are only made of fruits and nuts!! I love them!!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Go for the ones with the most protein/least carbs. I like the Pure Protein ones.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    All of the Adkins Bars are good. They are low carb and most have a good amout of protein.

895843.png
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Ah. Thanks for the help guys!
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    I just have eaten a few of the Larabars. I use it when I'm out and I'm not going to find something "safe" to eat. I use it more as a temporary meal. I have been looking for the mini Larabars so they are lower in calories.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    I *love* Think Thin bars....super yummy, but can be expensive. Also Larabars are great - especially with their very minimal ingredient list! Clif are good...a little high in carbs, but still good.
  • boubala73
    boubala73 Posts: 1
    Protein bars are a great healthy snack, if you pick the right one. It needs to be low in sugar and fat but high in protein. The Simply Bar has 16 g protein, paired with 2-3g of fat, under 10 g of sugar and 160 calories or less.

There is a great blog post on The Simply Bar's site about the sugars from dried fruit.

In Cathy's opinion, the simple answer is: “25 g of sugar is not good for you”.

But the truth is that 25 g of sugar from any source (sucrose, glucose and fructose) is broken down to glucose in the body. There is no special pathway for “dried fruit” to be broken down. 25 grams of sugars whether from honey or from dates is still 25 grams of sugars. Read the rest of the post at Are Dried Dates Good for Me? http://thesimplybar.com/thesimplybar/?p=28

Hope you enjoy the blog post - in the meantime, we'd love to offer a FREE BAR for you to try. We've created an exclusive coupon just for My Fitness Pal members. Just use coupon code FREEBARMFP at checkout at http://store.thesimplybar.com and we'll ship it free, too! Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.