Fat clothes??

Options
2»

Replies

• chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bag them up and get rid of them! You won't need them will you? I have kept a pair of my fat jeans and every now and then I put them on and shock myself that they once fit!
    Donate them - and enjoy chosing new ones!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Absolutely donate them. Having "fat clothes" just in case is a bad idea... if you have nothing to wear at your biggest size, I think you'll be more motivated to keep the weight off. If you slip up and all your new clothes start to feel a bit too tight it can be a great incentive to start being good again :wink:

Exactly. I finally decided I'd had enough because none of my work clothes were fitting me at the end of the school year. I can't afford, nor do I want to, replace them all with bigger sizes over the summer, so here I am. I refuse to buy myself anything new until it is a size smaller than I am now; then I will get rid of what I have and keep moving down.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I personally keep one size up in my pants only. I'm a 12-14 right now, so I still have my 14-16's in the drawer. All the sizes above that up to 24 are gone. I was giving them away as I got out of them.... then I got this monster of a nasty TOM and couldn't fit it any of my pants. I bloated up that bad. Went to the doctors and apparently its normal... booooooooooo!!!! Although it only every happened a couple times, but it sucked having to go out and buy pants for a few days of comfort lol.

I do agree with everyone else here though.. unless you have a reason similiar to mine, I would get rid of them :)
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out my closet just this week, and I've got two monster bags going to a worthy nonprofit tomorrow. No just in casin' for me, but I get it. When you're ready, maybe you donate them then (or something). Congrats on your progress!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If you are going to have babies KEEP SOME! Seriously. We weren't sure we were going to have a #3 so when I lost weight last time I got rid of all my fat clothes. First they would have been nice for early pregnancy so I didn't have to move up into maternity so quickly, and second, I gained all the extra weight that I had lost back. I was a size 8 pre-pregnancy and a size 16 immediately following. I had to go buy new clothes because my maternity clothes just looked silly. And a week after having a baby is NOT the time to go buy clothes 3 sizes bigger than you want to be.... (Hello hormones!). And it's been a really slow lose this time. I finally gave up and bought some size 10 shorts for the summer since I still don't quite fit into the 8s yet.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'll be donating them.. I have two pairs of shorts I know my sister will like.. but she also wants to lose weight (I don't think she is going full force yet) so not sure if it would be rude to give them to her
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Definitely get rid of them. I have a friend who is losing weight too. I gave her my 10-12's which was really hard. That size has always been my "small" size. I teach and in the spring all my work clothes were getting too big, but I refused to buy new ones. In the fall I will have to buy all new clothes. I did keep some of the tops, because they will still work.

I do have to agree with the poster who mentioned preg. I have a tendency to get really large when preg, so some of those larger clothes might be helpful with the trip back down. After I had my 3rd I had to buy work pants in a 18-20 because nothing else fit. As soon as I was out of them I got rid of them. I do wish I still had a pair just to see.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Absolutely donate them. Having "fat clothes" just in case is a bad idea... if you have nothing to wear at your biggest size, I think you'll be more motivated to keep the weight off. If you slip up and all your new clothes start to feel a bit too tight it can be a great incentive to start being good again :wink:

A+ comment. I had been thinking about what to do with my clothes as they're getting too big for me. I like this plan of yours.
  • ashleymmc20
    ashleymmc20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My clothes are actually my keys for maintaining my weight! I am a college student, and I can't afford to buy new clothes. So the ones I've got are the ones I have to continue to wear. (Not that they're old and ragged or anything. I have nice clothes. haha) If my pants start fitting tighter, it forces me to face the fact that it's time to make a few changes to my calorie intake. It's been a very helpful mindset to have, personally! Even though I'm not at my goal weight YET, at least I'm not gaining!
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, DONATE!! I know most people give to goodwill or a similar place but call a local school and see if they would like come clothes, I am a teacher and I have lots of students who need clothes, so I bring all my old clothes in and the kids love going shopping for new items.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm making mine into a quilt.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!