Yo yoing!!!!

Options
I cannot seem to brake this cycle I have. I will do awesome for 2-3 weeks eating good and working out everday . Then I will miss a day of exercise and it turns into two weeks. Has anyone else struggled with this cycle? How did you overcome it?

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Wow, you posted this a while ago, surprised no one commented on it yet! I definitely have my weeks that are harder to fit in exercise, but now that I have some real momentum going I've gotten to the point where I don't need to talk myself into working out as often...now I just do it! Set a mini goal/reward. If you plan to exercise say 3 days per week, if you meet that goal for 4 weeks, reward yourself with something :)
  • heyjude1358
    Options
    yes, I'm constantly struggling with this, and no I haven't overcome it yet. But I'm still working on it. I'm in my fifties... and I'm still working on ME.

Little steps and non food rewards do seem to work best for me.
    If I set a goal of just 10 minutes of activity every other day, this is doable for me. I meet my goal, reward myself, and set another teeny goal.
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I go through that too unless I set a goal in the near future so that instead of just "exercising," I'm in "training" mode. Pick a goal and finish date for yourself: 5K, triathlon, family/friends outing, whatever rocks your boat, and come up with daily/weekly workout plans to achieve your goal. It really helps you get focused and disciplined and even if the physical results don't meet your hopes, you'll still feel great knowing that you put in all that effort.

In short: physical activity without purpose is merely exercise, which some find boring and quit oftentimes. Physical activity with purpose is training.