Not enough nutrients

Options
I am noticing as I am tracking my food, I am not getting much in the way of nutrition. I try to eat my share of vegetables, but since I'm only supposed to get 1290 calories a day, it's kind of hard to get enough vitamins and minerals in that small amount of food.

I have tried taking vitamins before, but every multivitamin I've tried makes me queasy, and I'd probably barf it up most days. Sorry if that's TMI. I can take a regular vitamin, but I don't want to risk taking too much, or eating a whole bunch of pills.

Should I take a look at shakes, or should I just not worry about it and go on with eating tiny amounts of food and ignore the nutrition information at the end of the day?

Replies

• Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1290 can stretch pretty far if you're eating natural foods, and in general, those are the foods you want to be eating to get the nutrition you're asking about. Maybe if you're willing to open up your food journal to the public eye, I could offer a bit more advice :)
  • abirdy
    abirdy Posts: 36
    Options
    I f you are eating your vegetables and fruits during the day you should have enough vitamins. Don't forget your proteins . they are also important. Depending on your age maybe you should be taking vitamin supplement.. You could ask your doctor or call the health unit.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    ya..just eat healthier foods. whole grains, fruits, veggies, beans, etc
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    Try getting Breakfast Essentials. They have a large variety of flavors. I liked all of them besides strawberry, thought that was kinda gross. It will cover at least 25% daily value of vitamins A and C, calcium and iron. They have alot of sugar though (17-19g per pack) so I got the no sugar added kind and there's only 7g I think. That, however, dropped the protein count from about 18 down to 5. So its sort of a trade off. I get enough protein so I didn't worry about it. I drink them if I want some vitamins or just a good drink other than water.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I ignore the micronutrient bit as I take vitamins (and omega 3 and selenium and co-enzyme Q-10 and 5HTP) every day, I also have baobab powder which is incredibly nutrient dense and acai.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Try getting Breakfast Essentials. They have a large variety of flavors. I liked all of them besides strawberry, thought that was kinda gross. It will cover at least 25% daily value of vitamins A and C, calcium and iron. They have alot of sugar though (17-19g per pack) so I got the no sugar added kind and there's only 7g I think. That, however, dropped the protein count from about 18 down to 5. So its sort of a trade off. I get enough protein so I didn't worry about it. I drink them if I want some vitamins or just a good drink other than water.

Thanks. I'll look for this next time I'm out shopping.