Favorite music!!! Who is your favorite artist and why?

Options

Replies

• peejie
    peejie Posts: 43
    Options
    I think the only thing I love more than food is music...

So hard to pick just one(kind of like only eating one potato chip), so I will pick by genre! Mwahahahahahhahahahahaaa!

Rock - Primus
    Indie - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Folk(ish)- Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley)
    Metal - Nightwish
    Synthpop - Freezepop
    Nerdcore - MC Frontalot
    Industrial - Skinny Puppy
    New Wave - Echo and the Bunnymen
    Canadian(haha) - Hawksley Workman

And I will resist putting in all the sub genres of metal, techno, and rock... Just like I resisted eating that ice cream cake.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Pick just one? That's like asking to pick a favorite child!

I could name about 20 right off the top of my head, but I'll go with Foo Fighters, I think Dave Grohl is amazing, the new cd is great, and he's got a great sense of humor;and, RCHP, they just keep putting out great music and whether ir's 20 years old or 5 years old it still sounds incredible, I am really looking forward to their new CD, but am very sad that John is gone, he is my fav.

Ok, I'll stop there for now.
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't see many people sharing my love for electronica. Tiesto, Armin Van Burren, Deadmau5, Edward Maya, ATB, Paul Van Dyk, etc.

My favorite rock bands are Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Dave Matthews Band, Metallica, Eric Clapton,CCR, Red Hot Chili Peppers, STP, etc.
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    DISTURBED!!! Best band ever! Their music is awesome and the lead singer (David Draiman) is super sexy!!
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Anything 80s! Love love love the Heart station on pandora - plays all the good ones .. esp my favs Journey and Heart :)
    Yeah same here, I am an old 80s metalhead and classic rock girl! If I had to pick a fave gee that is hard cuz I love a lot of bands but my fave I listen to the most I would say would be Queensryche, just love me some Operation Mindcrime!! ;)
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Probably Newsboys because they are so upbeat. But also Francesca Battistelli and Tenth Avenue North, Third Day, Toby Mac, Jars of Clay to name a few.

Good taste!

Christian wise. I :heart: DC Talk, Jeremy Camp, Newsboys and Hillsongs
    Christian artists/bands Julie Miller, DC Talk, Margaret Becker and Siloam (a band from Canada).
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    marylin manson for his love of the devil..being dark and hateful..FUN

Hahaa!! I used to love him so much. But he doesn't really relate his love with the devil :?
    Anyway, I eventually switched to Whitechapel. Woo-wee!!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My favourite is New Young Pony Club, because they're incredibly original, feminist, and open to all the things I am open to.
  • MasterXelcas
    MasterXelcas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park and Three Days Grace! LP is incredible live :D
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    marylin manson for his love of the devil..being dark and hateful..FUN

:laugh:
  • emylourow
    emylourow Posts: 38
    Options
    anything 80'scuz i love to dance to it ( i know i know) and Katy perry....I could listen to her all day everyday she puts me in a good mood.

My favourite changes all the time but right now I'm really into Katy as well! Always makes me happy and wanting to dance. Going to see her in October and can't wait!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold. That band saved my life multiple times.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Led Zeppelin. Best musicians of their era, making the sexiest music. Nobody can top their musicianship, flare, swagger, knowledge of their craft, and fun live performances.
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    Alice In Chains is my ultimate fave, mainly the lyrics and they have hard and softer songs and some acoustic versions that are awesome... other than that, Tool, NIN, Mudvayne, Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, Seether.... stuff like that :D
  • soontobeslim92
    Options
    have 2 love firehouse
    there music cheers me up n listening to it reminds me i am beautiful
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Love Barlow Girl also!! Fireflight and Skillet.. Lacrae,Trip Lee,Flame,Jai,Tedashii(christian rappers) Beckah Shae,,Love the lyrics,and their love for God in their music!!!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold. That band saved my life multiple times.

Also love them seen them million times lol

Mine is Good Charlotte I have been listing to them since they first started and love there music, me and my sister always have loved them in concert, been to tons of concerts but by far enjoy them the most!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The Grouch

A very smart independent hip hop artist that has a very positive message behind his music.

if you want to check him out.

http://youtu.be/bdmpMdPNcUA
  • Soaranna
    Soaranna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lionel Richie, Lionel Richie, and oh...Lionel Richie :) He calms my soul and makes my heart happy <3
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Jason Mraz.... YUMMY!!