Halloween candy...

Options
...is EVIL! Wish people would keep it out of the office! I had one piece of chocolate and then all of a sudden 5 and my day is shot.

Ok..done venting. Have a great day!

Replies

• akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ...is EVIL! Wish people would keep it out of the office! I had one piece of chocolate and then all of a sudden 5 and my day is shot.

Ok..done venting. Have a great day!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!:devil: We are going Trick Or Treating tonight and I'm going to have to chop my fingers off to stay out of the fun sized Twix! I'm trying to remember they won't be FUN-SIZED when I'm wearing them!:grumble:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    The worst thing is that my Halloween candy weakness is the candy that no one else likes and so they all give it to me. It's those yellow/orange/white wrapper mollasses kisses. I generally hate mollasses but I love those mollasses kisses. Especially when they are nice and soft!

The mini-chocolate bars are always tempting too...:tongue:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! Some people think we're being mean cause we're not letting the baby go door to door. I'm dressing him up but he's just not collecting candy. I already have two kids trick or treating, like I need one more bag of candy to tempt me lol!! I mean he's 10 months old, like he can eat it anyway!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Trick or Treaters are not going to be happy when they get to my house! Between me, my husband and two teenage boys the candy I bought is gone. And I refuse to by more. I know my weekness and I know that having it the house was the worst thing ever!!! I will not bring that evil back in to my house!
  • missy0210
    Options
    we had a halloween party at work today with so many sweets!!! and tomorrow we have all been asked to bring candy for fellow co-workers to trick-or-treat! yes, we are typically bored on fridays so it sounded like a fun idea, however when they get to my office all they will find is reduced calorie granola bars - & I have plenty to share!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Yes, it's the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!:devil: We are going Trick Or Treating tonight and I'm going to have to chop my fingers off to stay out of the fun sized Twix! I'm trying to remember they won't be FUN-SIZED when I'm wearing them!:grumble:

Oh I LOVE this :laugh: Literally made me LOL..what a great way to think about it- thats what I will remember next time I am tempted by on of those fun sized tasty treats :)

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    lol I gotta disagree. I am totally diggin the halloween treats. I have one a day. Thats like 50 cals a day and it totally satisfies my choco- cravings. lol :laugh:
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a problem stopping at just one treat. I have to eat them all!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I have a problem stopping at just one treat. I have to eat them all!!!!

In that case, you're right to steer clear! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I went to wal-mart today to try and find some treats for trick treaters and ugh. :grumble: I would look at calorie count and then say well if it doesn't all go then what plus I have my kids candy. :angry: I decided to go with fruit snacks. That way if they don't all go they can be an after school snack for the kids. :bigsmile: And since Im not a big fan of fruit snacks I won't be tempted to eat them. I was actually telling my friend as we were shopping that Im glad I don't work outside the home at this time of year because of all the temptations. So cheers to you people who are dealing with it more than I am. :drinker:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    UGH!!! We just got back an hour ago and I feel so sick from eating crap! One of our neighbors has an after party with a bonfire for the kids, so on top of all the candy they get, there are hot dogs, mac & cheese and all kinds of other goodies sitting around. I baked a loaf of low fat pumpkin bread and another mom brought grapes, so I thought, Great! I can just eat this and not get into the junk....HA! Silly lack of willpower. Now I am sitting here feeling oh so sick. I guess the good news is, it is only one night and I will certainly remember this feeling if I start to reach for the kids' pumpkins!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    what should i do with excess candy? YUCK!!!!!!!!
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :mad: I can't keep my fat little fingers from getting into that stuff, but I've stocked my fridge with sugar free pudding snacks or low fat yogurt and I try to guide my hands to them instead of those devilish little candy treats that I love and hate soooo much.:devil: :grumble: :grumble: :explode:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I had 1 bite size candy a day, made me feel like I was getting a treat, but didnt go over my calories.