Mcdonalds smoothies

Options
omid990
omid990 Posts: 785 Member
I had a small wildberry smoothie for breakfast this morning for breakfast. SO GOOD! :love:

only 210 calories and .5g fat. (44g sugar but i'm choosing to ignore that...)

try them if your feeling a smoothie.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I had a small wildberry smoothie for breakfast this morning for breakfast. SO GOOD! :love:

WOW! That's a lot of sugar (simple carbs)!!:noway:
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    WOW that is a very small amount of fat!
    I was planning to go to Mc D. tomorrow ... Now I know what I'm going to get :-)

Thanks!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wondered if they were any good. Thanks for the review on them. It may be a lot of sugar, but I find with food (unless fresh fruits and vegetables) that we're either looking at lots of sugar, fat, or salt. Pick your battles. lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    :laugh: :laugh: It's low fat yogurt! Ice & fruit blend, where would the fat come from?!

Enjoy your "Lowfat" smoothie tomorrow.:wink::flowerforyou:
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Im working on the mocha frappe.......just trying to get the sugar down on it
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Why were you PLANNING on going to McDonalds? That isn't a good idea. Skip the McD's Make your own with lowfat, lowcarb yogurt and berries of your choice.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I had the pineapple mango one the other day. It was very good. They are pretty high in sugar, but so all smoothies. Even the all fruit ones from Jamba juice are really high in sugar. If you are going to have a smoothie then its to be expected.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Blueberries - about 15 grams of sugar
    Blackberries - about 7 grams of sugar
    Strawberries - about 7 grams of sugar
    Yogurt - about 20 grams of sugar

Everybody always says eat more fruit, eat more fruit, eat more fruit, well that's where most of the sugar in that smoothie comes from. Fruit is really nothing more than simple carbs + vitamins, since a fruit's entire botanical purpose is as a food source for a seed.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    make your own, maccas = no
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

Blueberries - about 15 grams of sugar
    Blackberries - about 7 grams of sugar
    Strawberries - about 7 grams of sugar
    Yogurt - about 20 grams of sugar

Everybody always says eat more fruit, eat more fruit, eat more fruit, well that's where most of the sugar in that smoothie comes from. Fruit is really nothing more than simple carbs + vitamins, since a fruit's entire botanical purpose is as a food source for a seed.

By your own calculations, more than half the sugar in this smoothie is ADDED sugar, not naturally occurring in the yogurt and berries.

IMO, folks ought to regard McDonald's smoothies as what they are: candy.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If I go to any FF place, I'm not wasting any calories on something I could easily make at home, I'm going for the FRIES baby!:laugh:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    By your own calculations, more than half the sugar in this smoothie is ADDED sugar, not naturally occurring in the yogurt and berries.

IMO, folks ought to regard McDonald's smoothies as what they are: candy.

Yup.