Help me please!!!!

Options
I am usually work out on Tues/Thurs and tonight I am just feeling it. I am really tired, I know that when I get home I have to make dinner and then go work out. I am sitting here at work thinking to myself it would be nice to just stay in tonight. I am just scared that I am going to feel bad tonight when I don't work out. I have been doing really good but I don't know if I have it in me tonight to do it. I am just a little stressed out right now with school and work and the kids. I guess I just needed to get this out of my head. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am usually work out on Tues/Thurs and tonight I am just feeling it. I am really tired, I know that when I get home I have to make dinner and then go work out. I am sitting here at work thinking to myself it would be nice to just stay in tonight. I am just scared that I am going to feel bad tonight when I don't work out. I have been doing really good but I don't know if I have it in me tonight to do it. I am just a little stressed out right now with school and work and the kids. I guess I just needed to get this out of my head. Thanks for listening.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    A workout is the best way to get rid of stress!! If you are going to get down on yourself for taking a night off, force yourself to go, it always takes a few minutes to get into it. I have missed my workout for the last three days in a row due to stuff coming up and not being able to make the time, but I hate the feeling of not getting that workout in. So if your're going to regret it - GO!!!!
  • MollySue30
    Options
    Thanks I have been so fixed on getting me to my healthy weight and getting me through this journey and I am going to make sure that I get to the gym, it isn't even that far from my house. I know once I get there I will be fine and have a great work out. I am just so tired right now. Thanks heading home for dinner and my workout.
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Hey Mollysue;
    Try to find a workout buddy ... It is really hard to let someone else down. :laugh:
    As for tonight, you can do it!! Go and get rid of that stress !!
    Good luck!!!
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think PeeJ has a good point - and you shouldn't always think about it as getting to your healthy weight - which it is...but it's about de-stressing. When I am on a treadmill, with radio in my ears and watching something funny on the tv monitors, I zone out about everything - including the fact that I am exercising. It relieves the stress and makes me feel so much better. Think of it as a reward for cooking dinner for the fam, and for going to work, and all the other stuff - you know that it will feel good - emotionally, physically and psychologically - so don't think "man i have to go workout and don't feel like it" - think "wow - I get to get away for an hour or so to myself!"
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing is getting out the door! I have that problem all the time. Yesterday I didn't didn't didn't want to go running, then by the time I Got about .5 miles into it, I felt really good and ended up running my "Long" route, instead of my short one (4.25 miles instead of 2.5 miles).

Sometimes, though, when I'm feeling especially blah, it helps to give yourself an alternative.exercise, long walk pushing child in stroller, raking leaves.. something else. So you still get exercise, but it isn't that "Thing" that your'e dreading.

and yes, focus on the blissed out feeling you get on the way home from the gym, pride in a job well done.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It is so hard in the begining to keep on track. Sore and dont feel like doing it. But I find once I am there I love how it makes me feel even if I am tired I force myself to do it. So dont think about it just do it.

:drinker: You can do it :bigsmile:
  • keyesfire13
    Options
    a suggestion... go to the mall... if you only go to the gym, you will get burnt out and feel trapped by the "rules of the diet". walking around the mall for 2 hours browsing(aviod the food court like the plague) and that will count as exercise. you can tryy fun things that you like to do and find a way to add exercise to that activity. hope that helps. if not take the day off and go tomorrow... i promise the world wont colapse if you arent there tonight, just dont give up.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

You can do it-- U just have to get through tonights workout and then you dont have to workout again until Tuesday-

I count down my workout days until its my rest days because my muscles are screaming by then I workout M-F and Sat and Sun are my rest days so I have tonight and tomorrow's workout-

I didnt feel like working out last night either but I pushed myself to at least do a quick one plus you sleep better afterwards and you will have more energy on your rest day Friday-- good luck
  • MollySue30
    Options
    I just wanted to update I did go and workout lastnight and I do feel much better, I did 35 mins on the bike and the I did 20 mins on the treadmill and I actually ran almost 10 mins which I haven't been able to do in a long time. I am kinda sore today but I know that I had a great work out.

Thanks everybody :heart: ya all :bigsmile:

Molly