High Intensity Interval Training

Options
How many calories does HIIT burn an hour? Specifically for a160 lb (or so) woman? I'm looking everywhere and am surprised that I can't find the answer. I can't find any calculators or articles that include it! And it's not in the database! I am trying to figure out how many calories Turbofire burns and figure it would be placed in that category. Can anyone help me? There has to be someone out there that does HIIT or Turbofire and has an idea. Unfortunately I can't afford a HRM right now.

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Because it depends on how long you do it, what type of HIIT, what your intervals are like.
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Personally, I break it up and measure the distance and plot it separately. So, my warm up and warm down are 20 minutes at X pace, then I put in my intervals say 12 minutes at the sprint pace,, whatever it is, and then I add in the recovery walk/jog between intervals. It's a bit of a pain, but if you aren't wearing a HRM, it's the only way I could figure it.
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Exactly. If you go to this site : http://www.superskinnyme.com/Weight Loss/Exercise/Cardiovascular Exercise/HIIT.html you'll se that there is no specific calculator. As others have said, a HRM is the answer. Since I do my HIIT on a treadmill, i can monitor HR on there...or stop and calculate to ensure in zone....
  • skyls
    skyls Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did turbo fire hiit today the 12 minute segment and burned 190 cals, then + a few more with the stretch in 10 section. That is the first time I have done it with an HRM though, and apparently you continue to burn after the workout.
  • kumarprabhat
    kumarprabhat Posts: 116
    Options
    I am abt 154lb (70 kg). I do HIIT for about 25 mins + 5 mins cooldown. In total, my HRM reports about 500 Cals, when I do 9.5kph jog (90s) and about 16kph run (30s) during HIIT.

Treadmill reports much less. I go by my HRM.
  • DulceDollie
    DulceDollie Posts: 115
    Options
    I am abt 154lb (70 kg). I do HIIT for about 25 mins + 5 mins cooldown. In total, my HRM reports about 500 Cals, when I do 9.5kph jog (90s) and about 16kph run (30s) during HIIT.

Treadmill reports much less. I go by my HRM.

Thank you!! That gives me a good estimate!