The Twilight Saga...

Options

Replies

• RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Ok, well I'm 27 and I absolutely loved the series. I wanted more after the last book was done. I don't really care that it was written for teens. I'm in nursing school, and before that I was in engineering school. I read so much "heavy" stuff for school that an easy-to-read book with a good story is a welcome break for my pleasure reading. I sure hope the movie is good. While I do love my husband, he could use a little more of Edward in him!!! :love:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you like vampire romances read Charolette Harris's series. I like Twilight. Love Harris's books. More adult content, and very funny.
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love these books! I'm 23 and I have read all 4 books probably 5 times each...I'll finish the series and then start over with book 1-I can't get enough of 'em! Have y'all been watching the movie trailer and stuff on-line? The movie looks so good-I can't wait!! Back when I first started reading the books I made T-shirts declaring my love for Edward Cullen-My poor hubby! He saw them and was like, "Who is Edward?!?" :laugh: I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Ha! I love it! I've only re-read teh 4th book once since we are sharing the books 'on rotation' but would love to re-read.

As far as Robert Pattinson (I think that's the guy that plays Edward in the movie) at first I was skeptical, but now after looking at trailers/photos I think it totally works!

I wonder if they'll be any Twilight inspired trick-or-treaters tonight! :smile:
  • mizzymiz
    Options
    If you like vampire romances read Charolette Harris's series. I like Twilight. Love Harris's books. More adult content, and very funny.

Oh! Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely check Harris's series out!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :devil:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i heard they are awsome, i have been bugin' my hubby to buy them for me.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I decided to read it because all my students were raving about it.
    It took me a week to decide to actually borrow the book, "Twilight" from my mothers class (also a teacher)... Haven't made it to any of the others yet.
    I am not really into vampires much or really anything slightly related to that, but my kids got so excited when I showed interest in something they were into. I researched on the authors page and "Midnight Sun" is actually what convinced me to read it. I worry that I can relate to a 80-90 yearold vampire more then I can a 17 yearold high school girl though.

The trailers messed with my mental images since I saw them before reading the books. The author says she is really involved in the making of the movie though, so I am hoping they are able to pull it off.

Didn't LOVE them (like many...including my sister-in-law) but it kept my mind busy for a night (yeah, that's as long as it took me). I have read/heard about snippets of the other books so I have a general idea of how it's all gonna end, but the details are missing...so I'll finish the series when I can.

Hope the movie is as great as all the fans want it to be.
    :flowerforyou:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Oh thanks! I love vampire related stories...:bigsmile:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I didnt know she had a series for Adults I am so going to the book store after work... ok maybe in the morning since it is Halloween
    My 14 year old daughter and niece are both addicted I have bought 2 sets of the books !
    but not complaining I had to buy 3 sets of the Harry Potter series
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I think there are 8 or 9 books now. I had gotten them from a friend. I would check out Amazon you could probably find the paper backs pretty cheap.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I didnt know she had a series for Adults I am so going to the book store after work... ok maybe in the morning since it is Halloween
    My 14 year old daughter and niece are both addicted I have bought 2 sets of the books !
    but not complaining I had to buy 3 sets of the Harry Potter series

Different authors. Charolette Harris writes the Adult books.
  • NewMK08
    Options

What are some of the titles of her books? I tried to look her up online but can't find anything??
  • TexasAngelBeth
    Options
    Good enough for me ... I enjoy paranormal romance type things thanks Anna
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    My bad its "Charlaine Harris"

Link to amazon.com where the books are
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=charlaine+harris+vampire
  • TexasAngelBeth
    Options
    Awesome... I will check that out as soon as I get home... filters here wont let me on Amazon :grumble:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Awesome... I will check that out as soon as I get home... filters here wont let me on Amazon :grumble:

No filters here. Lucky me. A couple titles are Dead Until Dawn, Dead in Dallas, Dead as a Doornail. They are real page turners. But I recommend reading them all in a row or you might get confused. HBO's vampire show is based on them.
  • NewMK08
    Options

No filters here. Lucky me. A couple titles are Dead Until Dawn, Dead in Dallas, Dead as a Doornail. They are real page turners. But I recommend reading them all in a row or you might get confused. HBO's vampire show is based on them.

My mom loves the HBO series...What is it called? True Blood! I also got her started on the Twilight Series-She loves them! We're going to go see the movie together. Maybe after she finishes the Twilight Series I can get her started on the other series since she likes the HBO show so much. I wish we had HBO. :grumble:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

My mom loves the HBO series...What is it called? True Blood! I also got her started on the Twilight Series-She loves them! We're going to go see the movie together. Maybe after she finishes the Twilight Series I can get her started on the other series since she likes the HBO show so much. I wish we had HBO. :grumble:

That's it. I don't have any tv so I couldn't remember what it was called. I hear it's really good.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

That's it. I don't have any tv so I couldn't remember what it was called. I hear it's really good.
  • mizzymiz
    Options
    :smile: :smile:

Okay, I've just purchased the first book in the series! Thanks again for the tip! Can't wait to 'sink my teeth' into something new! :smile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    You'll love it.