Minute Maid Light Lemonade: Is It OK?

Options
I tried Minute Maid Light Lemondade tonight for the first time and loved it. Zero sugar. Would this be the equivalent of drinking a diet soda? I'm guessing it's OK as part of a balanced diet. Any comments???

Replies

• 2SandyCheeks
    Options
    I looked it up and it doesn't seems to have many calories to worry about (5 calories for oz). I guess it's not worse then diet soda or something like Crystal Light. It only contains 3% lemon juice and no vitamin C. As an alternative you could make your own lemonade and use Splenda as the sweetener. At least you'd get some vitamin C.

On the other hand, the Minute Maid is easy and convenient. No harm...
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Don't know that stuff, so can only give a random opinion.
    But if it tastes sweet, then there's probably artificial sweetener in it. And opinions about that stuff vary a lot.
    Personally I'd say it's a good way to start. If you need soda, then live with the zero-sugar-soda. But in the long haul it's always better to get rid of anything artificial. That's how I started: Coke - Zero coke - water!
    But as I said, I don't know minute maid lemonade (don't think I've ever seen it here in my edge of the world).
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking I found gold when I first tasted it. It was in a 12 pack of cans, the only way I could buy it then. Later i did see it in a large 2 liter bottle but it was not on my store shelf all the time. I usually only see the regular grade product. It may not have a ton of nutrition but it is better than a lot of alternatives. I vote yes on this product.
  • stu_35
    stu_35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of it! I'll have on occasion (once a month maybe) but have cut out pretty much everything except water.

I did look it up on foodfacts.com (amazing website!) and, well, I'll let you decide for yourself.

http://www.foodfacts.com/food/Lemon / Lime/Minute Maid Light Lemonade/49267
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've had this before and to me it tastes pretty gross.. so I don't really drink it.

Every once in a while it should be ok, but I wouldn't go drinking it every day or anything.
  • jlthacks
    jlthacks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Contains Aspartame as its sweetener :ohwell:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It is similar to drinking a diet soda in that it contains an artificial sweetener. But it does not contain a lot of the other artificial ingredients in soda and none of the caffiene in diet cola. You will get differing opinions on whether artificial sweeteners are bad for you and just how bad they are. There is no conclusive medical evidence that artificial sweeteners are bad for you.