Stomach Pains From Diet

Options
I'm eating balanced meals consistently for the first time in my life and I've also just about cut out soda from my regular diet. However, periodically last week I had a light pain in my upper stomach below my ribs that was slow to go away. I have never had indigestion problems, but I am thinking that is what it is.

Could my stomach be saying WTF? with the lack of soda and processing a whole new set of foods all at once? Or was it just coincidentally bad week for random pain? Opinions welcome....

Replies

• CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Could be that your body is getting used to you eating differently. Diet soda if you do drink it is worse than regular soda. Your body won't give you pains if you don't drink something not bad for you in the first place. Also watch you acidic levels in food. I know when I eat something with a lot of citric acid in it or sugar on an empty stomach I would get huge stomach pains.
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    Yeah, probably. Every time I start eating healthy I actually get sick. It's like a cold or something. Then when I stop, I get sick. It's so odd. It's like my body is saying, "PICK ONE WOMAN." LOL, so in my opinion I think it is highly possible. Plus certain foods are digested and processed differently, so I'm sure you'll be fine in no time.
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    If the pain is really bad it could be your gall bladder.
  • sschiano
    sschiano Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This exact thing actually happened to me when i first started dieting!!!! i have a very low tolerance for pain so i went to the doc. he said that what was causing this was the change in the food i ate in the sense that my stomach was used to producing a certain amount of acid to digest a large amount of calories that i had been consuming: for example before i would chow down 3 cups of pasta with lots of creamy alfredo easily, when i went on a diet i started eating more frequently but much smaller amounts so every time something landed on my stomach it produced the amount of acid that it was used to BUT it takes much less stomach acid to process a cup of veggies that it does 3 cups pasta so the acid started to actually 'digest' the stomach itself. gross right? well the doc said it is actually pretty common and it is called: GASTRITIS (with acid reflux symptom). it would take a few days for my stomach to re adjust itself but to ease the pain he gave me a sample of some pills which i took for 4 days a tah-dah no pains (it wasn't like a pain reliever tho the pain gradually disappeared ). so if u toughed it out till it readjusted props to you man!!!! i needed a fix :)

ps: in a weird way it is your stomach saying : "WTF IS ALL THE STUFF? OUCH!!!!"