2 Months off alcohol for a great cause!!!!!

Options
Hi Everyone!! :tongue:

First I'd just like to say that I absolutely love MFP! It has truly changed the way I think about weight loss and I've found it so easy to stay motivated because of the incredible community vibe we get here!

So as part of my health kick and weight loss goals. I decided to take two (long) months off of alcohol. I'm no alcoholic but I do enjoy a few drinks on the weekend as many of us do. However, I became tired of working so hard throughout the week, only to ruin all my efforts on the weekend because of a few drinks. So I decided to take two months off.

As it worked out, this was just before July started that I made this decision, and here in Australia there is a challenge called Dry July. The mission is to not drink any alcohol for the whole of July and get people to sponsor you to raise money for adults living with cancer. So I signed myself up and figured I may as well raise money for a good cause whilst kicking the alcohol :) I am also still doing two months, not just July.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring me for this fantastic cause, please hit the link below and follow the prompts :flowerforyou:

https://www.dryjuly.com/profiles/miacuttriss

If not, well your general support through the next couple of months will be greatly appreciated anyway!! :drinker:

Good luck to you all in your goals!

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Losing weight and helping other at the same time.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I know a couple of ppl who could really benefit from doing something like this....(if ya know what I mean):heart:

:bigsmile: you are AWESOME! go for it & best wishes for a successful $$$ drive as well:flowerforyou:
  • RML_2011
    RML_2011 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats to you. I love it on the weekends only but it screws everything up on the 2 days that I drink..maybe I will try as well. All the best.
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done and keep going! I've not had a drop since 4th Jan this year and to honest, I don't miss it at all! I defo reckon it's helped with the weight loss and I wanted to see if it helped with reducing my blood pressure too which it seems to have done!! And no more hangovers which is the biggest bonus of all!!
  • MiaMcBetty
    MiaMcBetty Posts: 45
    Options
    Well done and keep going! I've not had a drop since 4th Jan this year and to honest, I don't miss it at all! I defo reckon it's helped with the weight loss and I wanted to see if it helped with reducing my blood pressure too which it seems to have done!! And no more hangovers which is the biggest bonus of all!!

Wow! Good for you, well done! I love being clear headed now and making the most out of my days on the weekend.