Constipation??

Options
2»

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'll repeat what's already been said (and it's from experience...): Healthy Fats.
  • Hoteffinmess
    Hoteffinmess Posts: 121
    Options
    I've tried just about everything here that everyone has suggested, except for the dried apricots. Nothing really seems to help. I have to take ExLax before bed just to get a little relief the next day. I've suffered hemmorhoids in the past and was told by the surgeon that the typical person takes in 10 grams of fiber each day and for me to fix my issue, I needed to go for 30+. Here I am taking in 15 grams (bad day) and higher... most of time between 20 and 30 grams per day. I drink a TON of water and take supplements, including fish oil, flax oil and borage oil. I still have to take my ExLax. I don't know what else to do!

I guess it is possible that there's less waste in the body to excrete.
  • VanillaSky72
    VanillaSky72 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think because fruits and vegetables don't have much waste to them. It's a lot of fiber. Don't take Metamucil. That will screw up your colon long term. I drink a small glass of prune juice daily or I make fruit and vegetable smoothies. That helps a lot.
  • showme989
    showme989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Citrate 400mg - 2 daily works perfectly for me. Vitacost.com has the best price on it.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I eat a lot of Fiber One products and they help soooooo much. I eat high fiber bread fir sandwiches and Activia yogurt. I used to have major constipation issues, but since I increased my fiber dramatically, I am all better.
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    Cayenne Pepper usually helps me as it has the positive attribute of helping your intestines with the process.

((But Cayenne Pepper is like my miracle cure. .w. It has a lot of great health benefits.))
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Cayenne Pepper usually helps me as it has the positive attribute of helping your intestines with the process.

((But Cayenne Pepper is like my miracle cure. .w. It has a lot of great health benefits.))

Spicy foods are the BEST for bowel movements and for when your sick.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    oh and carrots are a natural laxative
    i make an awesome grated carrot salad that never fails in that respect